• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone used starline 6.5 grendel “basic” brass

mason.ostrom

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
Just wondering if anyone has used starline 6.5 grendel “basic” brass to form down into any of the wildcat grendel cartridges. With 6.5 grendel brass so hard to find I’m considering picking some up to form 6MM grendel from them. Any reports on how they hold up to pressure and multiple reloads would be great. Even info on using starline 6.5 grendel formed brass for 6MM Grendel would help give me an idea of starline quality vs Norma or Lapua. Thanks!

No clue on the basic brass...might be a chore if you are just necking down, but post up here if you go for it. I would say lapua>starline>hornady. I have no experience with norma. Considering the price starline is going for, I’d wait for Lapua.
I’m necking down lapua to 6mm and 22 with a redding s bushing die.

I just got some of this for a similar project. It’s back ordered but you can place the order