• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone used the B&C M40 Stock yet?

TannerGun

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2012
Colorado!
They look to have pretty decent ergos and I like the looks of where the comb is at... anyone used it yet?

Re: Anyone used the B&C M40 Stock yet?

I ordered a black one with grey web for my new build.
A forum member here named lonewolfUSMC has a youtube video showing a budget build he was putting together in whichhe used a B&C M40 stock.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HsQUwzEqvQc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HsQUwzEqvQc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

They make a really good hunting stock.

I haven't used the M40 but I have used another for a savage budget build and they are perfect for that. It also had the aluminum bedding block. I bolted the barreled action in it as is and it shot .3 5-shot groups. sold it to someone here on the hide.

I have one Tanner. It suites perfect for what I need. Had to do some trimming to get the BDM in.

Untitled.jpg

Mine weighs right at 2.75#. Very nice stock for the money.
grin.gif

Regards, Paul

I've had 4 Bell & Carlson Stocks (1 Tactical A5, 2 A3 Light Tactical "Hook", and 1 M40). I have to say ALL of them Met/Exceeded my expectations with Quality and Accuracy after install.

IMHO, the A5 Tactical is a bit Heavy for carrying around (Hunting etc). I liked the A3 "Hook" but LOVED The M40. The M40 will be perfect for 20 MOA base with LOW Rings on any scope. Although I Highly recommend getting a Triad/Eagle Stock Pack with some sort of padding to raise your cheek Just a bit higher and it'll be PERFECT for a ALL Around Rifle.

Good Luck and Don't hesitate to buy!

Cheers!

Anybody know if the forearm on the M40 stock is thick enough to be inletted for a mtu contour barrel.

Looks to be a pretty decent option for me, I like the looks of that comb and the weight is decent enough.

Can someone maybe snap a pic of the bottom of the forend for me? I want to see how thick they are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Curnow26</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody know if the forearm on the M40 stock is thick enough to be inletted for a mtu contour barrel. </div></div>

By far, there is way more room to play with on the B&C M40 than say a HSP PSS stock. I tried posting a pic but am unable to log in to my photobucket account, when it comes back on I will post it.

I used this stock on a budget 243 build I did last year for coyotes and am super happy with it. The rest of the build as follows: Rem 700 Varmint, tear drop bolt knob, barrel cut/crowned finished at 22", factory trigger set at 2.5#, BDL bottom metal, action bedded with marine tex, DNZ game reaper mounts shimmed to 15 MOA bedded with JB Quik, Weaver GS tactical 3-10x40 Mil/Mil, Berger 87 gr VLD handloads..... Lights out on wiley!

Sounds like a great yote rig!
laugh.gif
what's the weight on that one?

like this??

this the m40 metlist

IMG_0847-1.jpg

then yes, i have seen the super heavy's in this style stock

No sir, the one I'm referring to is the one pictured above, an HTG style stock like the one used on the old M40A1.

The stock
EE4A679F-8CC4-40B5-8A31-F86AEB8A8DD1-132-000001230ABFF057.jpg

Getting bedded, but you can get a good idea of the barrel channel
06E6E70D-2C8D-4CA3-846C-FC2CBADE4405-132-000001224DE9F364.jpg

After paint
68587009-FBCA-403C-9285-18546E2B8025-132-0000012244BEEF0E.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cowboy1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body">like this??

this the m40 metlist

IMG_0847-1.jpg

then yes, i have seen the super heavy's in this style stock </div></div>

Without getting into actual model numbers. This is an A5, or current designation, style 5, no doubt because someone else has probably got a trademark on A5. I have never seen it listed as an M40. The M40 type is style 4. Every B&C stock that has the alloy bedding block/chassis is in the Medalist line, it is not a reference to any single model. That said the "M40" has essentially the same forearm as the "light tactical" and its barrel channel is spacious, and can be opened significantly. If you search there is a post not too far back about B&C customer service refering to problem on one of their stocks after the channel was opened and its resolution, good read.

I have one and like it a lot. It has a bit too much drop for my liking, but the stock pack takes care of that. The barrel channel is plenty big for a large contour, and so far, it shoots good without bedding. I have a Quik Klip and it fits snugly but went in without gouging. I like the slightly rough finish, it gives good grip without being too much. I have it on a long action 700 with a 28" barrel, and it balances nicely. All in all, very worth the money.