• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors anyone used the burris fastfire sight on a handgun

Re: anyone used the burris fastfire sight on a handgun

I have a j-point 4 moa on a glock. It is an instant on no switch. It works great for targets and seems to improve my accuracy. The downside is for carrying use it is either turn on the switch (Burris) or take the cap off j-point to use the gun. It is also a little tricky at night because of looking through the lens with the red dot flare.

the burris has on/off switch, and the auto on feature, it also has auto brightness adjustment of the dot, that is why I was thinking of going with that. it will be on a G20 10mm with a 6" barrel, mostly used for hunting.

thanks for the info, Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slayer_21420</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thinking of getting one for a glock, any feedback much appreciated.

Steve </div></div>

Yup, I HAD one on a G35 and one on a Browning BuckMark. What I found with one on a HG is that I could never "find" the dot fast enough. If you aren't lined up just right you don't see the dot. I use both of these guns for Steel Challenge Matches. I could get on a plate faster w/ Irons and made the hits (so I guess I shot just as well). I put a set of Fire sights on my g35 and liked the well enough to buy some for the BM too. I know 2 other guys who just couldn't get used to the FF on a handgun.

While I do like them on a 10/22 I wish you could manually adjust the brightness of the dot. We put a piece of tape across the sensor to "make it think" it was darker thus lowering the intensity of the dot. Without it it is more of a red star burst than a crisp dot.

Don't get me wrong, I like electronic sights. I have or have used Aimpoints, Eotech, Trijicon, Tasco, Burris, and Millett. I now have a Millett multi-dot on a 10/22 that I love. Manual adjustment, and adjustable dot sizes by turning a knob.

I will probably sell both FastFires.

Keith