• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

anyone used the CG AR-15 trigger?

Blackhawk95

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2008
Mississippi
I came across this on 6mmbr, I knew CG made 2 stage bolt gun triggers, but not for the AR-15. I have a Jewell trigger in my rifle now and its ok, I dont love it. From all ive read it has a 10 to 12 millisecond lock time.

What really interests me about the CG trigger is a 4ms lock time.

Heres a link to the info
http://www.x-tremeshooting.com/index.php?page=X-Treme%20AR-15%20trigger

I am curious if anyone has tried it? and what they think of it.

Also, whats the price on it.

Jerid

Re: anyone used the CG AR-15 trigger?

The price is around $260.00 for a CG AR trigger. Bauer Arms sells them also (as do alot of other dealers), I was just looking at them on that website about 5mins ago.

I have never used one but I have a Geisselle, Rock River 2-Stage and a Timney trigger on all my AR builds. I dont know how much better you could get than the Geisselle.

I never knew anyone that had one either.

Im looking to try something different than the Jewell I have now. Ive been seriously considering the Geisselle. The CG looked interesting though,

Look at the American Gold trigger. I have one and love it. They are in the $270 range. Single stage with .030 take up and break crisp as low as 2lb. It feels like a good 1911 trigger with the minimal take up and over travel. I have shot the Geisselle trigger and prefer the AR gold.

I just put one in my my custom large platform build and like it very much. Having already tried the Geissele, what intrigued me was that the geometry is completely WEDM'ed, thru hard, not a casting, and offered similar feel and lock time. I installed mine with CS springs from SSS giving a letoff like the Geissele but a total pull weight around 1.5 lbs. the only issue I had was that the second stage weight adjustment screw was too short to do what the instuctions implied so I simply used a longer one.

Thanks for the insight.

Im either going to try the CG or geissele

At camp Perry last year Mr. Jackson and Geissele had tables next to each other.
I went in there and tried both about 6 times and dithered over which to pick .
I finally decided to go with the Geissele because everyone else I know had been using them, and they raved about them.
I knew that they held up well so that's what I chose.
The CG trigger felt just as good.
BTW:
The Geissele is made from hardened steel too.

The Geissele hi-speed is a VERY good trigger. It comes with EVERYTHING you need to install it properly and it has very detailed instructions.

My GA high-speed never ceases to amaze me. The break is so sharp its ridiculous. I've tried Jewells before and they are also very good, however, back then there were only Jewell triggers for target AR's (Well, before Knights started offering their 2 stage)... now the jewell is practically obsolete with triggers like the GA hi-speed.

I have a couple CG bolt-gun triggers and they are fantastic. I'm sure his AR trigger is top-notch as well. That said, the Geissele is the gold standard.

My only complaint about it is there's no over-travel adjustment. But other than that, it feels the same as a Geissele.