• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Anyone using a phoneskope/phonecam to record during their stages?

david8989

The Tactical Texan
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2011
Bowie, TX
Hey guys, I'm newer to PRS events but have been having a blast competing. I was curious if anyone is using a phoneskope/cam to record your targets during your stage at an event and how it was working out for you? I've been using a gopro set off to the side to record myself so I can go back and help identify some of my mistakes. But it feels like I only have half the story, lol! Just curious if I was crazy wanting to add all this stuff to my plate during an event or not.

Do yourself a favour.... concentrate on shooting and worry less about the quarterbacking during the stage.

Take the time to video or "work on stuff" while dryfiring.

Fellow competitors will appreciate a quick and timely stage. Farting around with a camera or a video and burning up time when it's 90+ F or cold and rainy is not copasetic.

If ya gotta have a video for later mental masturbation - get a fellow squad member to hold the camera. But the camera man has to stay safe and out of the ROs way/field of view. If the RO can't see it - he can't call it.

Just my $0.02

Andrew

Do yourself a favour.... concentrate on shooting and worry less about the quarterbacking during the stage.

Fellow competitors will appreciate a quick and timely stage. Farting around with a camera or a video and burning up time when it's 90+ F or cold and rainy is not copasetic.

If ya gotta have a video for later mental masturbation - get a fellow squad member to hold the camera. But the camera man has to stay safe and out of the ROs way/field of view. If the RO can't see it - he can't call it.

Just my $0.02

Andrew
Wouldn't dream of holding up a stage in the least 😉 By the time the shooter in front of me is done shooting my gopro is in place and recording. Also safety is always the #1 priority, typically I just set the gopro off to the side of the stage on a little 12" tripod. No one even knows it's there. Got ya down as a vote for no recording at all. Thanks for the input man

Just my $0.02

Andrew

Terrible .02.

To the OP, if you can attach any type of through optic system without holding things up (shouldn’t be hard to do), then yes, it can provide very valuable training feed back.

You can dry fire or live fire practice to death and still revert back to bad habits when the clock starts. Anything that allows you to go back and review things you do under the clock will be helpful.

I second the idea of being a resource through the scope. Recording from a go pro on the line isnt bad but I have seen alot of people take forever or not use the tool correctly. Information is good. Being cognizant of time etc for others is a concern. Not being "that guy" who's more worried about video than competing is better. Use both as a tool but dont obsess at the match

Reactions: david8989