• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone Using A Roller Cam Pin?

Fire4EffectCA

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2019
I was concerned about wear where the bolt carrier rides and where the cam pin nests in the upper receiver of my LMT MWS. With glasses and a magnifier I could not tell if the receiver was cracking so I put a macro lens on my camera for a closer view. It appears now that the aluminum bearing surface in the upper receiver is not smooth where the bolt carrier rides and wear is revealing casting imperfections. This upper has less than 500 rounds through it.

I am guessing this is normal, but at first I thought this might have something to do with the stock cam pin and if a POF roller cam pin would be better for operation. Has anyone here replaced their stock cam pin with a roller cam pin?

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

I run them in a couple of rifles. They are only like $30 if it smooths out the cycling or reduces wear at all, why not. I have no idea of round count on either rifle but I have yet to have 1 fail. Time will tell.
Edit - I’ve only used them on 6.5 Creedmoore and 308 Winchester.

Reactions: Fire4EffectCA
I have one in a JP LMOS, works no prob.

There is another company making something similar and has some science to back it up.

I am using one in a couple of F1 skeleton-ized chassis. With as little material that is there figure it couldn't hurt, I have noticed no real wear

I've used the POF cam, worked a charm. Had to remove the gas key, make sure you re-stake it if you do too.
Fun fact. With a staked gas key, your gas key bolts can be broken and you will never know why your gun isnt cycling like it should. Ask me how I know.
Since my ARs are for fun, I'll take red loctite over staking