• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone Using A Solus With AW Mags?

MilSpecOkie

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2017
Just curious if anyone is using a Solus action with AW mags as I haven't seen it mentioned yet? Wondering how they are working and what your stock/chassis configuration is?

Last edited:
Have a couple of the Solus chassis on R700's, and using MDT AICS mags, so far, so good. Don't have any AW mags to try.

The Solus action is supposed to be cut to be able to run both AICS and AW mags.

You talking solus chassis/aw mag together, or solus action/aw mag together? Or maybe solus inside solus love orgy with aw mag inside the solus that's in a solus?

Calling everything the fn solus was a really gay idea Aero!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: ShtrRdy and Ca5ka
You talking solus chassis/aw mag together, or solus action/aw mag together? Or maybe solus inside solus love orgy with aw mag inside the solus that's in a solus?

Solus action with AW mags. I’ve seen a few mention using the action with AICS magazines, but none with AW.

I got a Solus and some AW mags. Ya'll want me to FAFO I take it? Then probably report back? :ROFLMAO:

Edited: It will be with a Xylo chassis test. If that will be of any relevance.

Last edited:
My CDG works in the ACC and Xylo. I’m curious about these Solus actions. Aero always has sales and I may just have to FAFO about one myself.

Solus runs smooth with 308 rounds out of AW mag in the Xylo.
IMG_0948.jpeg

IMG_0947.jpeg

What makes me think ARC makes these Solus actions for Aero?
Well, if you want to roll the Solus in the Xylo you can’t use the recoil lug clamp. The clamp I think is what makes a Xylo based rig so fucken precise!

Well, if you want to roll the Solus in the Xylo you can’t use the recoil lug clamp. The clamp I think is what makes a Xylo based rig so fucken precise!
You can get multiple sized wedge blocks for the lug clamp from ARC. I have had multiple actions locked in of various lug thickness.

I’ve been running a Areo Solus Comp Rifle in 6creed, a with AW,AICS, and the PMag it comes with. All have ran smooth with zero issues. Ran about 100 rounds so far mostly with AW mags.

"Lug thickness" so the thicker the lug, the thinner the clamp. I see. Thanks

So the Aero lug would need a .250 clamp I should think.

"Lug thickness" so the thicker the lug, the thinner the clamp. I see. Thanks

So the Aero lug would need a .250 clamp I should think.
The number associated with the ARC lug clamp, is referring to the thickness of your lug. I'd think the solus has a 250 lug, as it's become the norm.

Reactions: FredHammer

Thanks for the feedback on the name. Ill make sure to contact you when we name our next product.

I received a Solus action with gunsmith installed barrel recently and installed it into a MPA chassis. I tried an AW mag with 10 rounds and it seems to work fine. Before using it for more serious work I would recommend putting more rounds through it.