• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Anyone using a thumbhole stock on their F-class?

223Rem

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2004
Ocean View
Switching my 7mm WSM Savage over to a sinlge shot short action receiver and was hoping to use an existing thumbhole stock for the build.

Wondering if anyone has gone this route and experienced any issue.

Re: Anyone using a thumbhole stock on their F-class?

I've seen a few people on the line with a thumb-hole stock... doesn't seem to be a real popular option, but the ones I've seen were definitely good shooting rigs.

Think I am going to give it a go.......

I am having a combo FTR/FPR rifle built in .308. it will be in a Terry Cross (KMW) thumbhole stock.

my 223 f class rig is a savage short action in a tiger shark stock

fclassteammatch016.jpg

its the one on the left in front of my son

I have 6MM Competition Match in a thumbhole stock. I've shot it in 600 yard and 1000 yard F/Class. It has taken a little getting used to, but it is definately doable. The more I shoot it the better I like it.

mickeyb, that is a fine looking weapon. I like.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dgd6mm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mickeyb, that is a fine looking weapon. I like.</div></div>

Thanks!!!
She is a Ritten Precision build....
Nighthawk Tactical action, Krieger 1 in 10 twist that finished out at 26", rifle basix trigger set at 6oz., bedded AICS stock, NF 20 moa rail, NF 12-42x56 NXS w/ NF light rings, bigdog steel bipod adapter, and a sinclair tactical bipod.
It sure does love Bergers.
Here are some 7 shot groups at 100y.

957b84ae.jpg

8066ba3d.jpg

71771281.jpg

If I was to build a F-class rifle I would rather have a thumbhole stock. Any day, I would go Sentinal or T5A. Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Down South</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fine looking/shooting rig Mickey. That range looks familar....lol</div></div>
Palo Alto.... Home Sweet Home! lol
2A1DCE35-2A25-45BD-9EC7-8D0825D285AD-3142-000003AA32E64CD2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobertB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I was to build a F-class rifle I would rather have a thumbhole stock. Any day, I would go Sentinal or T5A. Good luck</div></div>

Agreed, Both are FINE stocks. I favor the Sentinal, but not sure how either would ride a front F Open rest. Chaser2020 just ordered one of Terry's for his F T/R / FPR build.
Only reason I went with the AI is becasue it was already sitting in the safe, and it was not supposed to have to be bedded.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mickeyb, how you doing for weight as she is?</div></div>

Right at 16# with the 26" RV contour barrel. I wanted to go heavier and a bit longer, but was waiting to see where the FPR sanctioning was at. Plans are to build a .260 or 6x47 L repeater for FPR and bump the weight up on this one with a heavier/longer barrel when it decides to go. This one will become a dedicated F T/R then.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mickeyb</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Down South</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fine looking/shooting rig Mickey. That range looks familar....lol</div></div>
Palo Alto.... Home Sweet Home! lol
2A1DCE35-2A25-45BD-9EC7-8D0825D285AD-3142-000003AA32E64CD2.jpg
</div></div>

I sure hope the weather for the state match is as good as this picture. See you guys there!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mickeyb</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobertB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I was to build a F-class rifle I would rather have a thumbhole stock. Any day, I would go Sentinal or T5A. Good luck</div></div>

Agreed, Both are FINE stocks. I favor the Sentinal, but not sure how either would ride a front F Open rest. Chaser2020 just ordered one of Terry's for his F T/R / FPR build.
Only reason I went with the AI is becasue it was already sitting in the safe, and it was not supposed to have to be bedded. </div></div> Yeah, mine is not a thumbhole, it's a kelby panda in a tooly MBR stock. 6.5x47L with 22" kreiger 4 groove. It is great. It won the LA state F-Class shoot a few years ago. I wasn't shooting it. Murray Crowe was. But I have a Manners T5A that I put in the rest too and it really tracks fine. I can shoot it very accuratly. Maybe not as good on the tracking but the thumbhole stock I think makes you more consistent. Thats the reason I was saying I would prefer a thumbhole. I do agree, the front end of the T5A needs to be flatter "for a true F-Class rig, it's built perfect for what it's made for" but I feel so consistent with it. Good luck