• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone using a weaver classiv V 6-24?

teddy12b

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2008
I am thinking about buying a new scope for use at the range only and to be used for long range shooting.

I used to have a weaver classic v 4-16 fine reticle and it was a great scope, but I got rid of it when I sold a rifle. That's why I'm considering buying a classic v 6-24 mil-dot.

All I care is that the scope is reasonably clear, and the adjustments are accurate.

Anyone have one??

Re: Anyone using a weaver classiv V 6-24?

How "long" range? Internal elevation adjustment MUST be factored into scope choice for long distance shooting. Sure, you can also use the mildot reticle for holdover (or hold-under) aiming, but ideally you'd be dialing in the adjustment.

The Weaver 'Classic' has a 1" tube. Get the specs and figure out whether it will get you where you wanna go.
smile.gif

I'm going to put it on a 30-06 with a 20MOA rail already on it. I should be ok as far as having enough elevation to get out to 1000 yards which is the max I'll be shooting.

I just wondered if anyone had one, or knew of someone who did. It's a hard scope to find a review on. I read a couple positive reviews on midway, but other than that I haven't found any.

Unless you're getting it for a price below what some other good alternatives would cost, I'd also look at the alternative.

Just my opinion...

What are the other good alternatives that you mentioned?