• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone using Berger 175 vld's in Rem 5r?

lmhans4440

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2009
Bismarck, Nd
I was looking for some info on using Berger 175 vld's in my factory 5r Remington. I am currently using Win. brass Sierra 175mk 41.0g RL15. This load groups arround .5 in, but i am looking to hunt with this setup, and i wanted to try the Berger 175 VLD's (the ones designated hunting)as seirra's do not expand. Also will the 1-11.25 twist stabilize the VLD 190's?

Re: Anyone using Berger 175 vld's in Rem 5r?

Yes I do. Drop the powder charge by 1 grain and load the Bergers the same way. Try that and see how it groups. Work up your powder charge from that.

Yes that twist will stabilize 190s.

175gr Bergers with 44.5gr of Varget works really well in mine. The 175gr Berger is a deer/hog killing machine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30378</div><div class="ubbcode-body">175gr Bergers with 44.5gr of Varget works really well in mine. The 175gr Berger is a deer/hog killing machine. </div></div>

Are you jumping them? What's your COAL? Or better yet OAL to the ogive.

What are you getting for velocity? I am only getting 2501 fps @ 50 degrees with the 175mk.