• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Anyone using BLC-2 powder in their AR10?

ClayDirt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2010
KY
Been trying to develop a load for the AR10T for awhile now. I have used 155 Amax, 168 Nosler CC, 168 SMK, and 175 SMK bullets. I also have used several powders now; Varget, RL15, and now BLC2.

The best load thusfar seems to be the 175 SMK 45.6 g of BLC2 Winchester brass CCI LRP with a COAL of 2.810.

Anyone running a similar load?

Re: Anyone using BLC-2 powder in their AR10?

What kind of velocity you getting? Its been years since I played with that powder but I found it never got up to speed compared to other powders, varget being the powder I settled on.

Oh that and it seemed dirtier than the others and that from a Varget user!

I dunno, havent bump it thru the chronograph yet.

Yeah, its diffinately dirtier than Varget for sure.

I was looking at loads for 175gr bullets and BLC-2 had one of the highest velocities of max loads. Almost tried some today but i had my mind set with varget.

Anticipating my ar10 soon and wanted to hear any advice/recommendations from others. I have great success using BLC-2 in my ar15 and wanted to load the .308 with the same powder.

Any luck with 175gr projectiles, BLC-2, out of an ar10?