• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone using micron dies?

PRSDietitian

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2023
Texas
Does anyone have experience with the micron precision sizing dies? I noticed bullet central recently released sizing mandrels for them, which Luke from BC said it'd work like a SAC die in that it'd undersize the neck with the bushing and get final neck tension from the mandrel. At $330 for the die and the mandrel, it sounds like it'd be a good competitor for the SAC MSD's!

I use their bushing die for my competition rifles in a straight 284. I use 21st Century mandrels after the sizing. Runout is non-existent, and SD's in the low single digits.

Reactions: PRSDietitian
They look well made. I saw one or 2 threads where someone may have had QC issues and maybe the inside wasnt polished, but on other forums they seemed G2G. With them having a mandrel i can put in now, i feel that'll streamline things a lot because i originally looked at one of these and mandrel with a 21st century mandrel die.

I have the gt, cm, prc, wsm and Norma improved dies in the micron line. They're great.

The guys at bullet central said it performs a very similar process to the SAC die, being a bushing and mandrel die. At a lower price, I’m sold

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcarpenter223