• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Anyone watch "Into the Forest"?

Broncovan

FHEC
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2009
Nampa, ID
I looked for it on here, but didn't see a topic for it.

Pretty good flick.
Makes you stop and think about just how prepared you are for this type of situation.

Premise of the movie is that there is a prolonged power outage, possibly only regional. Turns into no power for many months.

Doesn't take much of an imagination to think about how fast society would implode.
Check it out.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
I looked for it on here, but didn't see a topic for it.

Pretty good flick.
Makes you stop and think about just how prepared you are for this type of situation.

Premise of the movie is that there is a prolonged power outage, possibly only regional. Turns into no power for many months.

Doesn't take much of an imagination to think about how fast society would implode.
Check it out.
Will have to check the movie out. That said I think it would depend on where it happened. Along the Gulf Coast weeks without power isn't uncommon after a hurricane. Not saying it doesn't get rough in places but many have dealt with it before so it would be less of an adjustment for them. Still sucks when it happens though.

Will have to check the movie out. That said I think it would depend on where it happened. Along the Gulf Coast weeks without power isn't uncommon after a hurricane. Not saying it doesn't get rough in places but many have dealt with it before so it would be less of an adjustment for them. Still sucks when it happens though.
Agreed. I went down to NO after Katrina to help with the idaho National Guard. We helped with securing St Bernard Parish from looters and residents going back into unsafe areas. A few weeks gets tough, but they were getting supplies, gas, help. If the entire country's power grid failed, then what? They gave the impression that the characters just thought it was a local outage, but it turned into much more.

I guess a lot depends on where you are and what you are setup for.
Modern city / suburban life makes it really hard to live without power for any length of time.

Back when I was young and we lived out in the middle of nowhere, we were without power for a month after a very large storm. It didn't really change our lifestyle much, just a few adjustments and a bit more canned food being eaten and wearing a bit less clothing to beat the heat and all was fine.

I guess a lot depends on where you are and what you are setup for.
Modern city / suburban life makes it really hard to live without power for any length of time.

Back when I was young and we lived out in the middle of nowhere, we were without power for a month after a very large storm. It didn't really change our lifestyle much, just a few adjustments and a bit more canned food being eaten and wearing a bit less clothing to beat the heat and all was fine.
Yeah, big cities, suburban areas would eat their own very quickly. The biggest threat would be the two legged predators.

Agreed. I went down to NO after Katrina to help with the idaho National Guard. We helped with securing St Bernard Parish from looters and residents going back into unsafe areas. A few weeks gets tough, but they were getting supplies, gas, help. If the entire country's power grid failed, then what? They gave the impression that the characters just thought it was a local outage, but it turned into much more.
Ahh I see. I misread the first post. Didn't realize it was wide spread. Whole grid down would be awful. Lots of folks would die due to temperatures. Northerners would die in the winter and Southerners in the summer. We have become very soft due to central heat and air. Big cities would empty out after a while. Supplies would run short due to concentrated populations, many would get sick from lack of sanitation and they would have to spread out to survive. Roving bands would be a constant threat. Rural communities would have to band together to help protect common interests.