• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone with a butt mono pod on a TRG ?

Re: Anyone with a butt mono pod on a TRG ?

Mark, I haven't seen any options for mounting a mono-pod to a buttstock other than having a 'standard' type sling swivel stud installed on the buttstock. I think this would be fairly straightforward on a TRG if you wanted to do it....maybe some more TRG stock knowledgeable folks will chime in.

Actually, you need to contact "Massoud" from KRG here on the site. He is developing a folding stock for the TRG. This new stock has a place for a monopod. It's a kick ass piece and one that is well worth looking in to.

What Mike has said! The folder that Massoud will come out with will be nice and long waited option for us TRG users.

Otherwise, Accushot has a rail kit for the mono pod to attach to. You will have to drill two holes in your stock for it to work, thats if you would want to do that. I dont have one but it does not look to hard to do.

http://www.site-secure.biz/accushot/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=81

Triad has them as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually, you need to contact "Massoud" from KRG here on the site. He is developing a folding stock for the TRG. This new stock has a place for a monopod. It's a kick ass piece and one that is well worth looking in to.</div></div>

Isn't the KRG folding stock for TRG still in the testing stage?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually, you need to contact "Massoud" from KRG here on the site. He is developing a folding stock for the TRG. This new stock has a place for a monopod. It's a kick ass piece and one that is well worth looking in to.</div></div>

Isn't the KRG folding stock for TRG still in the testing stage? </div></div>

It is and I am testing one. However, that does not preclude the OP from contacting KRG and getting on the waiting list.

Thanks all, I'm really liking the Accu Shot rail kit. Also like the ergonomics of the Sako factory fixed stock so want to stay with it. Now to decide what length monopod.

The factory stock ergonomics is hard to beat. I like it alot. If you do go that route, by all means do that rail kit. It needs to anchor to something with the factory stock so nothing else breaks or cracks.

I have a factory folder with a buttspike and I love it. It collapses up into the stock when not needed, and I find that it is a great system when combined with a small bag- use the spike for gross elevation adjustments, and squeeze the bag up for final adjustment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark S</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks all, I'm really liking the Accu Shot rail kit. Also like the ergonomics of the Sako factory fixed stock so want to stay with it. Now to decide what length monopod. </div></div>

Stick with that. I have shot one with the rail kit and it doesn't look as ugly as you'd think. You're set up to drill 2 straight holes in your shop anyway. Make sure to get the quick knob or you'll be a-crankin'.

I have both the factory folders, and while i really love the ergonomics far better on the folders than on the fixed version, the new version of the folder with the improved Butt spike is far better than the old one.
The only downside on both the folders are the weigth, compared to the fixed stock.

Håkan

^^^And the price.

Price was ok too, one off them costed a cup of coffy.....

Håkan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Price was ok too, one off them costed a cup of coffy.....

Håkan </div></div>

Hakan, i give you two cups of coffee with milk and sugar, lol

have an accu-shot on my trg42 in 300, works great , easy to install w/ the rail kit from accu-shot, definitely pay the extra money for the quick adjust!

For the guys that have put the accushot on the TRG's what size worked best the standard, mid-range or the extended?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ToddM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the guys that have put the accushot on the TRG's what size worked best the standard, mid-range or the extended? </div></div>

I went with the BT 12 3.5-4.75" and added quick knob option. They had some issues with the BT 29 rail kit and new batch in the making. I ordered 1/8 in e-mail to me this AM they advised another couple of weeks. I went with that length because it looks like it would tuck nicely up into the TRG stock cut out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mark here is a picture of one on my TRG-42.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...222#Post2217222
</div></div>

Excellent, looks great thanks for pic. Nice clean looking install, does it tuck up/in nicely when folded? I didn't want one when up that looked like Johnny Knoxville in the boner prank.

Folds up nice. Very easy to install, just marked the stock where I wanted it to where it was the best fit. Works very well if you don't have a rear bag.

BT12 or BT12-QK is the only one for the TRG, the taller BT13 will contact the stock before locking in the up position, so again, the BT12 or BT12-QK is the only one for the TRG.

The BT29 rail is what we are waiting on, no problem with the kit, it's a matter of machine time.

And the TRG is suppose to have a single hole already drilled at the factory into the stock in the location we mount to, a second one is added.
piece of art,

I have an Accu Shot monopod on my TRG. Don't have a rifle and it is on a KRG folder, but it is ROCK SOLID. I like the way it folds and adjusts quickly, and will even ride a bag when it is folder.

One can deploy it in no time and adjust it in very small increments. One piece of advice is to buy the metal cap for the monopod as the plastic is...plastic.

$.02