• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone with a JAE 700 chassis shoot PRS ?

lutzy

Private
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2013
south florida
Have an original JAE 700 chassis and looking for the best way to protect my magazine from getting jammed againt shooting bag causing misfeeds, they make a barricade stop but for the newer version JAE chassis from MDT, but nothing for the original ones. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4540.jpeg
    IMG_4540.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_4538.jpeg
    IMG_4538.jpeg
    464.2 KB · Views: 68
I’ve got an OG jae as well. Unfortunately nothing out at the moment. There’s some stuff being tested but not sure if it’ll ever even come to market due to lack of interest and lack of use in the JAE chassis.
Best recommendation is probably the gray ops arca barricade stop. Other than that something homemade.

Send it in for warranty refund. It has a design flaw.

Buy a Foundation or a Matrix or an ACC and sell that thing to some other unsuspecting newb.

Adjust that thing in the picture (is that some kind of magazine tension clamp) to keep the jam from happening.

Bolt, tape, glue, or weld something to the chassis immediately ahead of your magazine.

Thread a bolt into hole number two (there’s a joke there) that sticks out far enough to keep you from going any farther forward.

But seriously. Sell it and get a piece of equipment that is designed for what you are trying to do.

They make this new version magazine adjustment that you can use a bag stop in, Im not sure if this part will fit in the older chassis. If it did it would be ideal.
jae mag adjuster.jpeg

Have you messed with the collet fitment (forward and back) on the magazine? I used a JAE back in 2018 is and never had much of a problem with mags feeding.

You can also put an arca rail on it and then get a Gray Ops bag stop.

Reactions: kthomas
Also, I just remembered.....there was a thinner collet that was offered by JAE for vudoo mags (looks like vudoo mag in your pic). But I believe they wouldn't fit without it. So if your mag fits, it's probably the right collet.

I'm sure I probably tweaked the mag fitment. So you'll likely need to. But I never had any issues with feeding in mine. In the pic below, I'm loaded into back fairly well. This was a Vudoo gen 1.

1709324123892.png

This is an OG JAE. I built my own mag block. Works with what ever action or mag I want to use. I also have full use of the arca rail.
20240304_193236.jpg

20240304_193230.jpg
20240304_193154.jpg
20240304_193146.jpg
20240304_193126.jpg
20240304_193110.jpg
20240304_193058.jpg

Reactions: Covertnoob5
Have you messed with the collet fitment (forward and back) on the magazine? I used a JAE back in 2018 is and never had much of a problem with mags feeding.

This.

I've never had an issue with mags and my OG (gen 2) JAE chassis in comps.

I'm not using it for .22 though, so not sure if the .22 mags change things.

Have an original JAE 700 chassis and looking for the best way to protect my magazine from getting jammed againt shooting bag causing misfeeds, they make a barricade stop but for the newer version JAE chassis from MDT, but nothing for the original ones. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Put an ARCA rail on it (MDT's fit the OG) and put an ARCA barricade stop on it like the one from Area 419 (and others). Easy, done, and you probably need ARCA and just don't know it! ;-) haha