• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone with a M700 Alpha 1, yet?

Wannashootit

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 3, 2010
    FL
    Looking for first-hand feedback- wondering if the reality lives up the specs (which look impressive).
    Found a thread from a few months ago on this, a lot of yacking but no one surfaced that actually owns one.

I wasn't even aware of this new model, I was considering picking up a couple of "standard" ADL's to build from when I came across the Alpha.
    If you own one (or have run someone else's), what are your thoughts?

They make a big deal about the round receiver. No mention as to whether it is straight.

But; threaded muzzle, 5r rifling, longer internal magazine, external bolt release, replaceable bolt knob, etc. They’ve put in a number of features seen in custom rifles.

Then again, I don’t care about or for “cold hammer forged” in a target/hunting rifle. And the ceracote on everything adds cost, as does the cosmetic fluting on the barrel and bolt.

Well, we can hope that the Remington saga isn`t held against the rifle to the point that essentially no one ever tries it. It would be a pity if it turned out to be the best rifle that never was.

Reactions: Hkmiller