• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone with a Radian Model One w/ heavy barrel?

Maliclipse

Król
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2017
Argyle, TX
Curious to know if a heavy barrel with a 0.875" gas block will work with a MOD 1 upper.

Im thinking of building a 224V and want to use a heavier barrel with a 0.875 gas block journal. I've wanted a radian setup for a long time and if I had one on hand i could do some measuring. I know their website says its a 1.3" ID but that is not from top to bottom. I need that measurement as well as the clearance on the bottom notch. I'd like to use a superlative gas block.

What about a geissele rail? Anyone using a heavier barrel with any of the geisseles?

Thanks,
M

I don't know the answer to your question in regards to Radian parts but .75 and .875 gas blocks are usually the same size other than the hole in the middle. The .875 just has thinner walls.

My experience with the Rainer 224 barrel (.875 block) indicates that NOTHING will fit over an adjustable block that size other than basically something the size of Aero enhanced. It was a real pain in the ass to get parts that worked and I still ended up with half the block hanging out the end of the rail.

I have a Radian upper and I could not get a SLR .875 adjustable gas block to fit without modifications. Superlative is bigger than the SLR and doubt it will fit either. I do have a troy .875 micro block that fit with no mods.

hope this helps.
879F8D7B-C363-45F9-AB8F-BC11BAC332D4.jpeg

Appreciate the replies.

I'm not so worried to clear the top as I am to clear the bottom of the block. The reason I want to use the superlative is for the bleed off because I plan on running a supressor and like the idea of having it bleed off excess pressure.

Seems like I might have to go with a .750 barrel.

Tasty,

Were you using the clamp on or set screw blocks? What was hitting?

0_.875_Adjustable_Block_Solid-SA_1024x1024.jpeg0_.750_Adjustable_Block_Solid-SA_b8798835-661c-4f78-981e-22a210a2e381_1024x1024.jpeg

I was using a set screw and didn't have any issues with it hitting the bottom. Where my gas block made contact with the rail is circle in the photo below. I also added another measurement of the top gas tube channel.

pick2.PNG
pic1.PNG