• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone With Experience With Hoz And Shield Magazine Extensions

vaguru

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 12, 2019
I noticed that Hoz and Shield is the only company offering a 5 round extension for the Bergara B 14R magazine. Anyone have information as to quality, material, feeding and durability?
Thanks in advance.

I designed the first Bergara extension on the market and what I found in my testing was that the material the magazines are made from is not very durable, so using a stiff enough spring for a plus 5 extension wears out the feedlips rather quickly. I believe that extension uses the Volquartsen green spring which is much stiffer than the factory spring in my experience. I could be wrong but that would be my concern going in. It appears to be a very robust design so from a durability perspective I don’t think you will have any issues with its material holding up. I have PLA+ extensions that have been in use for 3 years straight and many thousands of rounds.

I designed the first Bergara extension on the market and what I found in my testing was that the material the magazines are made from is not very durable, so using a stiff enough spring for a plus 5 extension wears out the feedlips rather quickly. I believe that extension uses the Volquartsen green spring which is much stiffer than the factory spring in my experience. I could be wrong but that would be my concern going in. It appears to be a very robust design so from a durability perspective I don’t think you will have any issues with its material holding up. I have PLA+ extensions that have been in use for 3 years straight and many thousands of rounds.
Thanks so much for your input. I sent you a PM so as to not clutter this thread.

Reactions: Mechdesigner