• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone with quickload willing to help a guy out?

Nivium

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2020
Would really appreciate if somebody could do a quickload search for me.

I'm trying to figure out my fill percentage with 46 +/- gr of benchmark powder using 137 gr hammer hunter in a 308 (quickload may need an input for projectile, in which case a barnes 130 copper mono may be similar?).

Lapua 308 brass FL sized= 54.4 water volume
Lapua 308 brass fireformed = 55.6 water volume

Would also be fantastic if someone could run pressure on two loads: 137 gr hammer hunter (closest factory bullet maybe a barnes 130), lapua brass, Fed 210m LR primer, 47 and 48 grains of benchmark powder, 2.8" OAL, not jammed (i don't think).

Having a hard time finding pressure for some reason, but don't want to go too high.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
130gr TSX
46gr 103.3% 64,600PSI
47gr 105.5% 69,000PSI
48gr 107.7% 73,900PSI
Thanks a lot. Raises the question of why I haven't seen any pressure, though. Oh well, more mathing to do.

Thanks again

QL is predictive, not ground truth. It can often get you in the ballpark, but requires tweaking some parameters to fit the ground truth (this is especially true with powder burn rate and heat). Once you do that, it can very accurately predict results. My point is with this limited data don’t be too surprised you’re not seeing pressure where it predicts.

Reactions: Nivium