• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone's dog take Apoquel?

346ci

FJB
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 26, 2010
    NC
    I've been getting the 16mg pills from PETVM using my local vet's rx. The cheapest I can find it now is still through them at $2.11 each to my door, usually buy 120 every order. Anyone got a line on a cheaper source with shipping and tax?

We tried it but we ended up going with allergy testing and allergy shots. It worked a lot better, cheaper, and safer for the dog. I'll ask the wife where we were buying apoquel from when I get home.

we also went to shots, ended up being less expensive and far more effective
    Shots can definitely be more effective. Apoquil is very safe but isn’t the best treatment for all allergies. It works well for my labs ear. He gets a yeast infection in his right ear pretty frequently and the apoquil along with a good cleaning works like a charm.

Reactions: 346ci
    Shots can definitely be more effective. Apoquil is very safe but isn’t the best treatment for all allergies. It works well for my labs ear. He gets a yeast infection in his right ear pretty frequently and the apoquil along with a good cleaning works like a charm.
    Interesting, I did not know it was effective for yeast infections as well. I wish it had been around when I had my herd of Mastiff's, I was always fighting yeast infections in the ears with them.

Our GSD takes it, I can usually back off it in the winter. Also switched to a grain free salmon dog food instead of chicken from costco. Seems to interact with him way better. If his yeast or anything flares up bad ill knock it up to 1.5 for a day or 2 then back down to 1 maybe even .5. Just depends.

The 1/2 pill didn't work, still getting them from petvm also.

My dog recently got some fleas and ended up with an allergic reaction and the vet bumped him up to 2 a day. It knocked it down pretty quick

The GFs dog was on it, poor thing has multiple allergies. But she switched her to a shot vs the apoquel pill. Lasts 3-4 months I think

ETA: Cytopoint is the shot she gets now.

Last edited: