• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Anything in Fla.?

Pat Harrison

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2007
I'm likely heading down to the Ft.Myers area in the next couple of weeks, any long range clubs out that way?

Re: Anything in Fla.?

If you go North about an 1 hour or more you can shoot at Manatee Gun Club. They have a 565yrd range that everyone uses and a 1000yrd range that you pay a little extra to use. Google Manatee Cun Club and then mapquest it and see how far it is. It might be a little farther than you want to go. But if you make a day out of it will not be unhappy!

+1

Went out there three weeks ago with JR81452, and had a great time! About an hour and a half drive for me but definitely worth going back often! On that 570 yard range, there is a large berm about 25 yards past it where there is lots of crap you can shoot at like fire extinguishers, a metal gopher, steel plates, bowling pins, a Moslem training camp! (OK, I just wish that was there!). It's 18 bucks for any of the ranges and an additioanl $2.00 for th 1000 yard range.

Plan on ten minutes or so to fill out the rules sheet that absolves them of any liability if someone shoots your ass, etc., and look for a good time.

I didn't have to fillout any rules form, maybe its new?? I used my laser range finder on the berm and it said 565yrds. 570yrds it vey close though.

Doug, I could be wrong as I thought the last target stand was at 570 with the berm well behind it by perhaps 20 addtl. yards. Don't know but it was fun making hits when I made them! The rest of the shots were keeping the junk surrounded!
laugh.gif

Exit 158 off of I-75 is Babcock Webb/Tucker's Grade Wildlife Reserve. The rifle range goes up to 200 yds. Also it's only $3.00/day. I live in Cape Coral and I go there a lot. I've been to Manatee once and that range is awesome. Can't wait for my other scope and the 175 SMK's that I ordered to arrive so that I can shoot there again.