• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anything new that's better than a K16i?

tna9001

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2017
Asheville NC
Hey Guys,

It's been a few years, I've had a gen 1 Razor 1-6 and a K16i, the Razor was very good and the K16i was amazing. I'm back in the market for an LPVO and I'm wondering if the K16i is still king of the 1-6?

Thank you!

For LPVO, used Swarovski Z6i 1-6 or current model Swarovski Z8i 1-8. The two you mentioned and the Swarovskis are probably the best options for 3-gun use. Maybe a Zeiss v8, but it's probably heavier and the reticle doesn't look ideal. The Kahles and Swarovskis have good all around reticles for a SFP LPVO, in my opinion.

Most people on this forum are discussing FFP long range scopes though...more precision rifle focused.

Last edited:
Reactions: exoto1225
Im hoping for shot show to have some LPVO offerings.The K16i and razor gen2-e are 2 scopes that I own and like.

Reactions: tna9001
The Blaser 1-7x28 looks very interesting, but the only reticle they offer (so far) is a German #4 style. Optically, it may be the best LPVO now available. Koshkin posted a video review of it here.

With SFP LPVOs, if you want SFP, it is between Kahles K16i and Leica Magnus 1-6.3x24, I think.

For the most flexibility, March LPVOs with side focus are probably still the best. Their 1-10x24SFP now has a flash dot reticle which makes it faster, but it is narrower FOV, so it is a little less quiick than the Kahles and Leica.

ILya