• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anything to do near Greensboro, NC?

Bradu

Minuteman
Aug 24, 2011
IL
The way it looks I will be going out there for a couple weeks to work on a few machines. I there anything to do in the area or places a guy should eat? I can't take a rifle because of a company vehicle.

I would look up local hot spots for bbq , but that is me here's hopping you have a good trip . gl

Reactions: Bradu
JR Cigar is not far away. That place is amazing!

Sirhr

I was there a week ago picking up my new truck in Kernersville. Did not have time or energy to go, but was told that Clark’s BBQ in Kernersville is the best In The area. Let us know if that is true!

Last edited:
I will try to check out a few bbq joints. I don't smoke cigars but I'm going to have to try to check that place out after looking it up. I worked in Eden about 10 years ago but didn't have time to check the area out.

My wife and I went there when I was in Danville for about 7 months on a pipeline. It is pretty impressive seeing all the different tanks and guns. I really enjoyed it. My wife got to see some of the old civil war stuff up by Lynchburg, VA when we were up there for part of the job. I would love to move out to Virginia, I really enjoyed it and met some great people.

Reactions: kindabitey
If a 100 mile day trip is in order... Appomattox courthouse.

It is a pilgrimage.

Sirhr

I was working up there about 10 years ago and never got a chance to go. My wife did, I have pictures of it somewhere lol

go on a tour of Gates Pickles.......go hang out at the Pigly Wigly.......go look for the missing nuke
from the plane that took off from Goldsboro Air Base in '61.......................

Have to say I'm not a fan of the traffic or all the interchanges out here. I'm ready for small town life again lol

If you haven't already, hit up Guilford Courthouse National Military Park. It was a significant battle in the Revolutionary War where our forefathers slaughtered a quarter of Cornwallis' troops he brought to the battle that day. It's not one of the famous battles of the war, but was very significant in dwindling the red coat numbers and good reason the victory at Yorktown happened when it did seven months later.

I definitely don't miss that area, the I-40 corridor is a death trap.

I will check that out if we get a rain day. I'm working where I40 and I73 meet, I figured out real quick why they guys are grinding the highway at night in this area.

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
I will check that out if we get a rain day. I'm working where I40 and I73 meet, I figured out real quick why they guys are grinding the highway at night in this area.

If that bothers you stay off the longest parking lot on the east coast, I 95 between Richmond and DC.