• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

anywhere but china scope

CWOBEAR

Private
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2021
Texas
Some companies, like the Leupold, Swarovski and Khales make it perfectly clear where their scopes are made. Many other companies either don’t reveal it or it’s hidden down in the fine print on page 37. And then some scope makers make some of their scopes in the Philippines, some from Japan, and some others come from China. But when I look at the websites I can’t really tell which ones come from where.

I’m looking for a low powered variable optic like everybody wants these days from a one power to ?? I just want to make sure that I buy something that was not made in communist china.

All I have is two identical BCM 16 inch 5.56 carbines. (One is about 13 years old, the other is only a couple years old.) I have used plain iron sights to shoot expert out to 300 in the army. When we got the Trijicon TA31F ACOG, that was very easy, even with only fixed 4x and (Oh no, Mr. Bill!) 1 1/2 inch eye relief. Right now one of my rifles has an Eotech EXPS2 and the other one has an Aimpoint T2, so neither one of them has any magnification as it stands and I’m ok out to about 250. After that, small targets are difficult. I would like enough magnification for 400 to 500 yards/meters (Let’s not argue about the metric system.)

So, bottom line at the bottom: Is there a list that I haven’t been able to find with the search function of which scope companies, and perhaps even which models within their lines, are made anywhere other than China?

Tract Optics are made in Japan at the renowned LOW factory using Schott Glass from Germany. I have 3 of their scopes including a spotter...all are spectacular and are tremendous values considering the features.

My price range would be, and this might sound funny: I want to spend enough to feel like I’m getting an optic worthy of the Bravo Company rifle without having to sell my house

Reactions: Milf Dots
Sorry, but another thing that has got me hesitant is it seems like every time I blink my eyes, one of these scope manufacturers comes out with the next greater thing. So what I thought was super last week or last month has now been eclipsed something else. It’s kind of like the early days of computers where we jumped from I don’t know 286, 386, 486, etc. every time you blink your eyes. Or maybe the turn of the 20th century where we went from black powder to smokeless powder to Spitzer bullets to repeating rifles in the blink of an eye. So I want to buy something that I’m going to be satisfied with for a long time and not feel like the next time I pick up a magazine or open the Internet I’m going to wish that I had waited until company X put out this shiny new scope that I’m seeing on the glossy pages.

I have the RT6 mentioned above and really like it. Great for hold over reticle. Not the best if you plan to dial shots.

I’ve owned the Burris XTRII 1-8 as well which is made by LOW in Japan. Great optic but imho you start getting on the larger/heavy side of things when you setup to that. Always made my DDM4V11 feel top heavy and the RT6 doesn’t

It's great that you're not wanting to buy Chicom. (y)🇺🇲

Unfortunately, even if a website or printed page shows NOT made in China- manufacturer changes can happen instantly and without customer notice, so don't truly trust country of manufacture unless it's printed on that particular box/optic.

Best to call a company's Customer Service and get the latest info.

Reactions: acudaowner
while your own two eyes may not be made in china , everything else pretty much is made there .

Some companies, like the Leupold, Swarovski and Khales make it perfectly clear where their scopes are made. Many other companies either don’t reveal it or it’s hidden down in the fine print on page 37. And then some scope makers make some of their scopes in the Philippines, some from Japan, and some others come from China. But when I look at the websites I can’t really tell which ones come from where.

I’m looking for a low powered variable optic like everybody wants these days from a one power to ?? I just want to make sure that I buy something that was not made in communist china.

All I have is two identical BCM 16 inch 5.56 carbines. (One is about 13 years old, the other is only a couple years old.) I have used plain iron sights to shoot expert out to 300 in the army. When we got the Trijicon TA31F ACOG, that was very easy, even with only fixed 4x and (Oh no, Mr. Bill!) 1 1/2 inch eye relief. Right now one of my rifles has an Eotech EXPS2 and the other one has an Aimpoint T2, so neither one of them has any magnification as it stands and I’m ok out to about 250. After that, small targets are difficult. I would like enough magnification for 400 to 500 yards/meters (Let’s not argue about the metric system.)

So, bottom line at the bottom: Is there a list that I haven’t been able to find with the search function of which scope companies, and perhaps even which models within their lines, are made anywhere other than China?
LOL Leupold got their dicks slapped a few years ago, notice how they don't say made in USA anymore.

Turns out when 95% of your shit is sourced from china and slapped together here in the US, the PTO takes exception.

I have the RT6 mentioned above and really like it. Great for hold over reticle. Not the best if you plan to dial shots.

I’ve owned the Burris XTRII 1-8 as well which is made by LOW in Japan. Great optic but imho you start getting on the larger/heavy side of things when you setup to that. Always made my DDM4V11 feel top heavy and the RT6 doesn’t
No its not, they are/were made in the Philippines

People need to get their shit strait before putting stuff out as gospel.

Get a G3 Razor, easy answer and perfect optic for a carbine.

I just looked at the generation three vortex razor and it is a 1 to 10 power rifle scope. Holy cow that’s a lot of magnification.

If you're looking for the ultimate in LPVO, meet the March 1-10X24 with Dual Reticle. They now have the DR-TR1 reticles, with the crosshairs and illuminated dot in SFP and the tree part in FFP.

Now even if a riflescope claims to not be assembled in China, it is still possible (likely?) to be made of parts that may come from China. In this respect, March states categorically that all parts in their scopes are Japanese parts and of course, the scopes are all assembled by hand in Japan in their own factory.

Thanks for the info. I’ll be sure to pass it along to @CSTactical and the Burris Techs that think otherwise

We all make mistakes on occasion, but if you're going to INcorrectly call others out when it's YOU who is actually the one who "can't get their shit straight before posting", the least you could do is delete YOUR incorrect comments. Or leave it up and prove to the world how big a tool you really are.

Reactions: pk5333
We all make mistakes on occasion, but if you're going to INcorrectly call others out when it's YOU who is actually the one who "can't get their shit straight before posting", the least you could do is delete YOUR incorrect comments. Or leave it up and prove to the world how big a tool you really are.
You should know, everything you post is wrong. Congrats.

That’s a good resource!
As a general resource its good place to start, but I would recommend verifying the information elsewhere once you've identified an optic you are interested in purchasing. There are some errors in the data.

If there's any electronics on the scope or red dot, it's going to made at least partially in China. All the basic components for electronics are made in China.

You need to set some parameters: Price, ffp or sfp, weight, illumination/illumination brightness, reticle you like...there are so many options you could get responses for days. I personally have it like this, the starting bar for a series LPVO is the PST gen II 1-6x24 sfp(Phillipines, daylight bright/nearly nuclear bright) at about $500-600, then delta Stryker 1-6x24 sfp(Japan, nuclear bright) at around $750-850, Tract toric 1-8x24 sfp(Japan, daylight bright/bright enough for probably all conditions) at $1000-1,1000, Sai 1-6x24 ffp(Japan, daylight visible) $1,200-1,300, Vortex gen 2E 1-6x24 sfp(Japan, nuclear bright and considered the gold standard by some) $1,300-1400, Primary Arms compact PLX 1-8x24 ffp(Japan, daylight visible) $1400-1500. That's where I'm going to end my list because you can keep going up from there all the way to a Schmidt and Bender. You have Trijicon, Leupold, March etc etc. The Razor 1-10 is over $2k now and you might want to look at it, personally, for me, I would choose the primary arms PLx compact 1-8 over it having looked through both but that is subjective. Good luck

The XTR ll 1.5-8x28 and other XTR ll's were made in the philippines, but the XTR ll 1-8x24 is made in LOW.

There were 3 models of the 1.5-8x28, and there were 2 models of the LOW!!!!!!!!!!! 1-8x24

Yes some people do need to get their fucking shit straight.

I would know this because I have owned them both.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDB55
I have had two Burris XTR IIs 1-8x24 sfp in hand having helped family purchase them. They are in fact from LOW in Japan and have great glass and a nuclear bright dot. At 24 ounces they are heavy though.