• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anzio 20mm Barrel

Averagejoe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2008
Behind You!!!
Not going to share to much info as its all still in the works but I am looking for info on who makes the 20mm Barrel for Anzio Ironworks. They do a 14.5, 15.5 double barrel set and also designed their own 20/50 Anzio round. I want to have some barrels made up but don't want to buy them from Anzio as I want some different twist rates that they just don't offer.

LC! I need your list too because its time for me to get to work
wink.gif

Re: Anzio 20mm Barrel

contact barrel makers that specilise in larger barrels. if you contacted Jackson at lawton i am sure they would be able to help you if you are only after one barrel is will be costly but if you are looking at multiple barrels then the cost of cutter boxes reamers drills etc will be less but they would be able to make you any twist you wanted and you could choose the grove dimensions and number of groves and even if they are to be radiused int he corners to help with projectile seeling. are you going to use turned projectiles or mill surplus like over runs of practice projectiles with driving bands? both would require a diferent approach to the dimensions of the rifling.

In researching the Anzio rifles, I came across a reference to an L-W barrel for a 50BMG, might be a decent place to start your search. They are simply the world's largest barrel producer, and I'd suspect that if something is made somewhere, they at least have an idea about what's going on, and are at least as likely as the next maker to have the capabilities to do just about anything. Cost had probably better not be an issue.

Greg

I'm way out of my league here but Pac Nor advertises a 50 X 20mm AI in their wildcat section.

I know Boots has the tooling for 20mm and can do standard or gain twists with his machines, also I think bartlein has the tooling also and can do both twist styles, also check with K&P.