• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AOW ?'s

titus7

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2008
Ridgecrest, California
Hey guys im not sure if Im posting this in the right forum so if it needs to be moved go right ahead. Anyways, I am getting ready to buy an AOW with a trust and I was wandering what the cost of setting up the trust normally runs? One of the local dealers is telling me $600 and Ive heard up to $1000 is this normal?

Thanks for any help and input

Re: AOW ?'s

That's what it will run for an attorney to do it.
Quicken Willmaker is $50 or so.
CW

I thought it was fairly straightforward when I did mine. I know there are a lot of folks out there that have used it successfully.
If you hired a lawyer to do it, I suppose that's the safest route.
But, I'm not an attorney and can't offer legal advice.

A Revocable Living Trust.
Meaning you, the grantor and trustee, can change it; and, you're still alive.
CW

Fromthe reviews I've read the Quicken 2010 doesn't have the trust part. make sure you get 09 version

Check out Guntrustlawyer .com Awesome site for info on this topic(even if you do the quiken thing) I just did it and it was a lot more than the quicken willmaker. NOT a 1000. dollars though

ive heard (gun store/gun show rumors) that some people are looking at the quicken/legalzoom revocable living trusts as practicing law without a license and therefor invalid. i dont think there is merit to the argument but it might be worth looking into in your jurisdiction. another good source (where i got mine on the cheap) my work offers pre-paid legal for like $7 a month i called them up and had a trust 2 days later

I have not looked into the gun trust topic, but for general legal questions and resources, I use Nolo.com.

It's always a good idea to have a few lawyer jokes at the ready, so that's why I go there.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MeridianNW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I use Nolo.com.
</div></div>
thanks for the link. I can use that when I make my living trust soon.

Send me A pm I know A company that will do the trust for free when you by one they are not on the site and do not want to step on any ones toes as some on the site might do the same if they do I would like to know and but them in my contacts I gave a hide member there info not sure if he had a chance to go forward. Can not remember what brands they have in stock but I know they told me could become a dist. if needed to get what I wanted if they did not carry it. Great guys they have been friends of they gun shop owners for a long time and an ex police officer. We keep cards at our shop I have one sitting here if you want the info. They do all the paperwork you sign and wait that is it.

If any class 3 dealers on the site that do something similar in fact if you are a class 3 dealer pm your info for the shop and let the customer know were i found you.

GGN PM sent. I bought Quicken Willmaker 2011 and it comes with a free living trust program, I have just looked through it real quick and looks pretty easy. Gotta do it either way now because I just bought this...for my impulse buy of the week

870lmbreecha.jpg

Okay, I hate to ask a very basic question in someone else's thread, but it seems applicable. What would you need a trust for?

Ahhhh okay! So it really just depends on the position of the man/woman signing if you need a trust or not?

If the CLEO won't sign, a Trust or Corp. can be used to side step them. Sad to have to do that, but well within the laws,...at this time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frog5215</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The other benefit is a trust can have multiple trustees; more than one person can have possession. </div></div>

Oh that is a nice benefit! Can they be people in other states? Non-family, family, friends, etc?

Whoever you "trust". They must be named trustees.
Issues like this are why you want a good NFA/revokable trust attorney prepare your trust. A stitch in time saves nine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: titus7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GGN PM sent. I bought Quicken Willmaker 2011 and it comes with a free living trust program, I have just looked through it real quick and looks pretty easy. Gotta do it either way now because I just bought this...for my impulse buy of the week

870lmbreecha.jpg
</div></div>

Not to Hijack this thread,but these are nice,recoil is not as bad as people think,tried one out a while back
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: titus7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GGN PM sent. I bought Quicken Willmaker 2011 and it comes with a free living trust program, I have just looked through it real quick and looks pretty easy. Gotta do it either way now because I just bought this...for my impulse buy of the week

870lmbreecha.jpg
</div></div>

responded too.

Also once you have a trust you can use the same one to purchase other items with out having another drawn up. just change what you are purchasing.