• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

APA .300 Win mag in wood

JeffLebowski

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2008
VA
Rational Gun: The nicest rifle you will see today - APA .300 Win Mag

The most beautiful rifle you will see today.

APA001-vi.jpg

I remember seeing the wood stock Jered did on his personal rifle at the first K&M match,..... It was awesome. I remember sayin to myself, now that took some time!!

That's a beautiful rifle. I'd almost be scared to shoot it for fear of scratching it! Kind of reminds me of the 375 H&H Mannlicher Jered made for his African safaris. God, that was a beautiful rifle as well.

I can attest to the attention to detail and flat out beautiful wood rifles Jered builds, even-though I don't own one yet, I have been able to personally hold some of the rifles he has build for a customer in south Texas. PS I will own one soon though.
Great work brother.
JM

WOW!! Un real what a Rifle. bet you don't trade that one ever.

Jered does some nice work for sure and he is great to speak with very good Man.

Beautiful,work of art, etc. doesn't do it justice. I've always been a sucker for fine wood and bluing.If it shoots 1/2 as good as it looks you really have a winner. How about a contest for the best looking,shooting and possibly most radical and/or strange looking rifle? Paul

Jered,

If you don't mind me asking, are you guys doing your stock work (from blank to finished) in house? That's spectacular work.

I ask bc I have a few rifle projects that have been collecting dust due to lack of a smith that wanted to work on wood.

No we don't do all of the work in house. I have most of the blanks roughed out before we start. This day and age no one starts with a bastard file and a blank unless they live in Europe and charge more than most make in a year. CNC's have made life hard for the artesian to remain price competitive.
Once the blank is roughed I do all the interior work and most of the exterior final fitting. Then it goes out for checkering and finishing. If I checkered it you couldn't sell it for $5 at Walmart. You got to know where your strengths and weaknesses are. When it comes to Mannlichers…….I have a really good grasp on that. The guy I apprenticed under years ago was taught by a German Master smith. Since I had a love affair with them that's one of the very few things I still do the way I was taught. I've never had one fail to shoot 1/2 MOA easily. If I had to put a label on it I would say that the 375's are 5/8 MOA guns but they have moments of brilliance. That being said we cracks clays at 400 with them waaaaay more than we miss. That's a large statement for a caliber that doesn't belong in a Mannlicher.