• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing APA binding in a Badger M5 inlet

George Mac

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2004
Northern California
I thought that the APA and Badger M5 shared the same "footprint". I have discovered that "footprint" and inlet are different. When I put the APA in the stock that was bedded for the Badger M5 it binds the mag in mag well.

Has anyone here dealt with both these inlets? If so can you point me in the right direction to make this work?

Thanks
-George Mac

Re: APA binding in a Badger M5 inlet

If the stock was bedded for the Badger M5 I would expect the fit to be slightly different. Even if one Badger M5 is bedded to the stock it is quite possible that a different Badger M5 wouldn't fit right in the same stock either. Once bedded to a given part it fits that given part only.

Remove some of the bedding and start new.

Thanks Randy.

I borrowed Badger M5 and it dropped right in a functioned perfectly. So it seems that there is a demential difference in the inlet. I was hoping to avoid completely re bedding.

The RTG will work properly in a Badger M5 inlet, but it should not be used in a bedded cavity. With the tolerances achieved during bedding, even two different trigger guards of the same brand and model shouldn't be swapped without re-bedding.