• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

APA Micro Bastard brake????

popapi

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2008
Oklahoma City, Ok
Does anyone have one of these on that have been taperd.....if so please show pics and tell what muzzle diameter and contour of barrel. Thanks!!!!!!

Last edited:
Look at their gallery and notice none of the bastard brakes on the smaller profile barrels are turned down to barrel diameter. The reason for this is when the bearing surface of the brake ports is reduced, the break becomes less effective. Doesn't matter as much when using a brake like a vais because there are a lot more ports for venting the gasses i.e. more surface area.The bastard only has 6 ports.

Here is one I fitted to a Rem sporter contour barrel with a .665" muzzle on a recent build for a customer.

Attachments

• 300-2.jpg
    300-2.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 290
  • APA.jpg
    APA.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 88
Here is one I fitted to a Rem sporter contour barrel with a .665" muzzle on a recent build for a customer.
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is AWESOME and IS what I want 230 your the MAN dude thanks so much Guy!!!!!!! Is that a 10 degree taper????

Look at their gallery and notice none of the bastard brakes on the smaller profile barrels are turned down to barrel diameter. The reason for this is when the bearing surface of the brake ports is reduced, the break becomes less effective. Doesn't matter as much when using a brake like a vais because there are a lot more ports for venting the gasses i.e. more surface area.The bastard only has 6 ports.
RHutch I can live with the bottom pic as per the taper on mine.....btw Jered shot me a CRAZY guarantee on his brake today so I'll try the Micro Bastard. Quite a few Guys been sending me emails and PM's on the APA Micro so I'm thinking it may be a hit!!!!

Yes, that brake above is blended well.
JJ knows what he is doing and will stand by any "crazy" guarantee he offers.
This is one reason why I chose him to build my rifles. My 300wsm will be #5 from that shop.

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is AWESOME and IS what I want 230 your the MAN dude thanks so much Guy!!!!!!! Is that a 10 degree taper????

Honestly I don't remember what angle it is and it really doesn't matter cause every one is a bit different you just have to go with what works best for each situation. I wouldn't worry much, Jared sends a nice little data sheet with each brake so you know what can and shouldn't be done.

Honestly I don't remember what angle it is and it really doesn't matter cause every one is a bit different you just have to go with what works best for each situation. I wouldn't worry much, Jared sends a nice little data sheet with each brake so you know what can and shouldn't be done.
Ok it doesn't matter being my barrel will be slightly bigger than your .665!
Yes, that brake above is blended well.
JJ knows what he is doing and will stand by any "crazy" guarantee he offers.
This is one reason why I chose him to build my rifles. My 300wsm will be #5 from that shop.
Which barrel maker contour?????

Last edited: