• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Ape with a AK-47

Re: Ape with a AK-47

HAHAHAHA!!!
laugh.gif

Too bad the gunshots werent even close to sounding real.
smirk.gif

I think i've got that same gunshot sound on a SoundFx disc chillin in my editing bay.

I think its part of a series of promo videos for the new Planet of the Apes movie. Had a good laugh at it anyways.

LOL Just goes to show you that ANYONE can learn to use an AK...

If thats real, that is AWESOME!!!

I love at the end after the guys scatter, how the ape looks around then sticks his chest out and holds the rifle over his head in victory!
smile.gif

This is why we don't arm bears.

Not real guys. It's movie marketing. Clever stuff, too.

As for the sound effect, it's the Sound Ideas M60 from the General Series, disk 25, track 25. Total weaksauce from the sound folks on this, which is surprising considering it's a WETA movie. My guess is a new outsourced viral marketing vendor. Anybody with investigative skills want to look into it for fun?

You guys are pathetic. Complaining about the sound.
Even if it is a Blank firing replica, which I suspect it is, the Chimp fired it, no doubt, and was a better actor, and on cue and his mark, than the other guys.
if you gave him a real one do you have any doubt that he wcouldn't hold it the same way and pull that trigger the same way?
That little monkey is a fine candidate for the Obama Youth Brigade Special Action Teams.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoundFx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[
Oh man, this is worse than I thought. Some here are convinced that there really was a primate firing an AK in the video. You can't fix stupid. Visual effects are officially beyond the ability of the moron to comprehend. We have SUCCEEDED. </div></div>
There is always some guy who comes along and decides to shit in the campfire while everybody else is enjoying themselves. I guess you're that guy. you probably think the effects in "Platoon" as great.

Sorry. Didn't mean to poop in the fire. Having a bad week. I apologize.