• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Apex Edge 1-10x24

Leicafan1990

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2022
USA
It doesn’t look like there is a thread for this optic so I figured I would start one. I don’t know much about Apex but I know they are a Canadian company offering Japanese made scopes in the $1000+ range. I believe that their Rival 4-32 scope has been pretty well received.

This new LPVO looks like it will be going up against the Vortex Razor and Eotech Vudu 1-10’s. Price will be $1.5K for the Apex. The scope is a FFP with 34mm tubes. Weight comes in at 21oz.

The reticle looks pretty interesting and useful but my concern is that it isn’t going to be daylight bright at 1x. I hope I’m wrong about that.

Anyways, I’d love to hear more thoughts on this scope.

I have experience with exactly one of these.

I shot a PRS Pro Series match two weeks ago in Washington with a bunch of the Canadian MDT guys in my squad. One of them was running an Apex that crapped the bed on day one. Tracking fell off a cliff.

He got murdered on day one. He swapped to a loaner back up for day two and did fine.

Reactions: Scopeye

I shot a PRS Pro Series match two weeks ago in Washington with a bunch of the Canadian MDT guys in my squad. One of them was running an Apex that crapped the bed on day one. Tracking fell off a cliff.

He got murdered on day one. He swapped to a loaner back up for day two and did fine.

I assume you are referring to their Rival 4-32?

The reticle looks pretty interesting and useful but my concern is that it isn’t going to be daylight bright at 1x. I hope I’m wrong about that.
On some reticles, I don't care if it's daylight bright, because everything works fine during the day, without illumination. I'm not sure if this is one of those reticles.

Reactions: JDB55
On some reticles, I don't care if it's daylight bright, because everything works fine during the day, without illumination. I'm not sure if this is one of those reticles.
The picture of the reticle on their site does not look like its daylight bright at all at 1X and it looks really small. Looks like it may be hard to pick up in bright daylight. Reminds me of the Eotech Vudu 1-10x reticle. They are also not advertising it as “Daylight Bright” on the website anywhere that I can see, so at least they may not be lying about it.

Reactions: RKBArmory

It probably was the Apex Rival 4-32x56 which is literally the same scope as the Riton X7 Conquer (recently on sale for $649.99 backorder ok from Scopelist and EuroOptic) and Blackhound version (recently on sale couple times this year so far for half price 45% off and followed by 55% off for around $900). Not surprised the Apex Rival brother version crapped out. JOL Optics.

It probably was the Apex Rival 4-32x56 which is literally the same scope as the Riton X7 Conquer (recently on sale for $649.99 backorder ok from Scopelist and EuroOptic) and Blackhound version (recently on sale couple times this year so far for half price 45% off and followed by 55% off for around $900). Not surprised the Apex Rival brother version crapped out. JOL Optics.

It sounds like these Japanese scopes are not at the same level as the Japanese LOW scopes. Bummer.

Reactions: Scopeye
It sounds like these Japanese scopes are not at the same level as the Japanese LOW scopes. Bummer.
I own many different JOL made Japanese scopes as well as LOW made Japanese scopes and the ones manufactured by LOWs are far superior especially in their reliability and overall quality. I personally don't trust the the JOLs. I only use them on 22 rimfire and .223's are the harshest caliber I'm willing to use them on if this alone says anything. I've also personally noticed the Japanese scopes by JOL can in fact be sold for ridiculously cheap prices for even less than 25¢ on the dollar which are substantially lower than the best ever deals I found for LOW scopes. Brownells MPOs, Riton X7, Blackhound, Apex Rival, Crimson Trace, Barra among some others possibly some of the Element Optics Japanese scopes are from JOL scopes.

I can understand why scope companies would rather use JOL instead of LOW for their own brand labels due to way better profits. The glass they use are actually pretty good but not necessarily the best. It's their questionable reliability and turrets and parallax adjuster and zero stop that's going to be real iffy. The Riton X7 Conquer version has the most complaints while the other versions sold by other brand labels are still relatively new.

It's interesting that people have seen failures on some Apex scopes, and while I'm sure that some do (as do all mechanical things), two of their NRL Hunter teams just finished 1st and 3rd (tied in points with 2nd) at the NRL Hunter Grand Slam, and all four guys were shooting the Rivals.

373656625_10109913965794931_7603787519593463899_n.jpg

And one their Team USA Shooters just finished 2nd in the JR category, and Top Team for Team USA at the IPRF Rimfire World Championships in Italy. For what it's worth...
375585601_346714197686852_6936105556777787276_n.jpg

Reactions: Matt_3479
It's interesting that people have seen failures on some Apex scopes, and while I'm sure that some do (as do all mechanical things), two of their NRL Hunter teams just finished 1st and 3rd (tied in points with 2nd) at the NRL Hunter Grand Slam, and all four guys were shooting the Rivals.

373656625_10109913965794931_7603787519593463899_n.jpg

And one their Team USA Shooters just finished 2nd in the JR category, and Top Team for Team USA at the IPRF Rimfire World Championships in Italy. For what it's worth...
375585601_346714197686852_6936105556777787276_n.jpg
Of course they have to use their brand and equipment they got sponsored for free and I wouldn't doubt they have lots and lots of brand new extra scopes to keep on replacing them with too.

Just avoid JOL made scopes and stick with LOW scopes and you'll be fine.

What really bugs me the most is the insanely huge markups JOL scopes have for extremely shoddy quality control and sub par products fetching high dollar amounts.

LOW has just as many, if not more, issues, if I am to believe what I hear from the former fanboys of brands that use them to manufacture.

To each their own... just trying to point out if they were crap people wouldn't be using them at high-level competitions.
Not sure how you expect a new brand to market their products effectively apart from having a team of sponsored shooters.

Maybe they should follow some of the Chinese brands and pay off Youtubers with sick commissions and affiliate links LOL

Also, how do you know what these companies margins are? Do you know what it costs to get a Japanese scope made??

Has anyone actually used the Edge 1-10 at this point? I have an Apex 40% cert and am trying to decide between using it for the Edge 1-10 or buying another 1-8 or 1-10 for around the same price (Athlon Ares 1-10, Trijicon Credo 1-8).

PS I don't care what factory makes what, just looking for actual feedback on the illumination, mechanical and optical quality of this scope. If you have not used the scope please don't respond.

Has anyone actually used the Edge 1-10 at this point? I have an Apex 40% cert and am trying to decide between using it for the Edge 1-10 or buying another 1-8 or 1-10 for around the same price (Athlon Ares 1-10, Trijicon Credo 1-8).

PS I don't care what factory makes what, just looking for actual feedback on the illumination, mechanical and optical quality of this scope. If you have not used the scope please don't respond.
The edge isn’t on the market yet but hoping to see them in the next month or so. There was one on display at the rimfire finale last weekend.

Reactions: Bolt Thrower