• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Apex trigger for fn509??

Baron85

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2012
I just bought a fn509 midsize and so far liking the gun but the trigger SUCKS! I pulled the slide and polished up the moving parts and installed the mcarbo spring kit. Got the pull down from 6.5# to a little under 5 but it’s still pretty gritty with a lot of pre and post travel.

Will the apex help with any of that noticeably or is it not worth the money?

The apex is a big improvement. BUT be careful with mixing and matching parts (like other brand springs and such) as I've heard that they play well with other parts..

I have all the Apex parts in my 509, turned it into a nice gun.
Did the apex trigger move the break further back? Shortening the trigger reach? I have xl-xxl hands and don’t really want it shortened

Did the apex trigger move the break further back? Shortening the trigger reach? I have xl-xxl hands and don’t really want it shortened
I did it more than a year ago, no I wouldn't exactly say that, it just turns the stock trigger into something really nice. So I would go with NO on shortening it noticeably.

Perfect thanks. I will get one ordered up and see how it goes