• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Apex trigger for S&W M&P

sandwalk3r

Private
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2011
Kentucky
I grabbed an Apex trigger for my S&W M&P 40 last week for $165 installed. I absolutely love this trigger. Big improvement in trigger feel for me.

Anyone else use this?

Re: Apex trigger for S&W M&P

Yep. A competition kit with RAM in my M&P9 Pro 5" (USPSA and steel challenge gun, A Duty/Carry kit & RAM in my M&P9 Compact (carry and IDPA gun).

Consider a set of sights from Dawson Precision. Their front FO sights are a huge improvement over the factory one in the Pro, and I like the FO in the Carry Gun too. Front sights in 0.005 and 0.010" hight increments to get your POI where you like it. My M&P Pro shot way low with the factory set up, with pretty much any ammo. With sights aligned, and desired POI at top edge of front, the actual POI is about even with the bottom to middle of the FO in the front sight. Maybe some would like that, but I like to be able to see my intended POI at or just a hair above the top of the front. Maybe its just me....

Re: Apex trigger for S&W M&P

Absolutely! Got one in an M&P45. The original trigger was so terrible that I considered selling it after only a week of ownership. Added in the duty kit from Apex and it's much improved. Feels a lot like my Glock 21 FWIW.

Got a set of Truglo TFO sights installed as well. It improved day/night visibility vastly.