• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision Apollo Pro LR 100mm (30)

wigwamitus

Strictly Offensive Kit
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2014
LBJ
I have to admit an embarrassment. Looking at DVOR this week at an ad for an Apollo Pro 100mm (30hz) ... i read that it has a prism collimated lens. That is doubly embarrassing because back in 2014-2016 I was SOLID in the Armasight thermal camp and had 5 armasight thermals. Triply embarrasing because I got one of the first Apollo standard's sold and essentially was on the "beta team" finding and helping fix some issues (most importantly water proofing) in the first year. Because of that, and my posting about Armasight gear and helping get out the word, they offered me an "upgrade" to an apollo pro. I choose to go with the Zeus instead. Shame on me !!! :D
Now all these features didn't exist back then, but this Apollo Pro 100mm is probably a hidden gem, at least relative to other commercial thermal clipons.
Not only does it have a prism collimated rear lens, but it has an optional range finder, which displays the range internally (and I have talked to a whole ONE person who has used the LRF - but they "liked it") and displays azimuth and inclination.
Now image wise, it is a FLIR core and so will not be on par with the BAE, Trijicon and newer N-vision optics using the BAE core. BUT it is usable.
A person posted on here recently about their experience with an Apollo 100mm about 1-2 sentences and I've been hunting for that ... but haven't found it yet.
They mentioned the amount of magnification they were getting.
I'd love to know more !

The biggest concern about Armasight in the last 2 years has been customer service, though in the past 3 months I've heard two positive stories about quick and accurate turn around time. It could be that FLIR is listening ??

So, anyway, this one is added to the watch list.

With the LRF unit ($2,000) .. the best shown price I've found is $10,000 ($8000 for the clipon and $2000 for the LRF) ... but one could call some dealers and make lower offers and perhaps get another $1k off and that would look attractive.
Again, these are not military grade thermals, but they do get the job done for night hunting activities.

https://www.dvor.com/armasight-apol...romotion=thermal-vision-devices-36-2019-01-06
http://www.nightvision4less.com/arm...640-30-100mm-lens-thermal-imaging-system.aspx

And BTW, I would be wary of the 60hz version. I had a Zeus Pro 100mm 60hz and the image was worse then the 30hz version and Aramsight told me it was because of the 60hz. But the 30hz version I am putting on my watch list and now looking for stories from users.