• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Appendix Holster

Jigstick

“What’s the matter colonel sanders….chicken?”
Minuteman
  • Jul 21, 2017
    Pittsburgh PA
    Picked up a new concealed carry pistol and decided to carry appendix with it. Any insight to comfortable AIWB holsters? Have been eyeing the Stealthgear but don’t see much compelling data on them.

Tier 1 and trex arms seem to be the most liked but tier 1 has a ridiculously stupid return policy and trex arms is owned/operated by literal religious nuts. I personally try not to support people that make everything about religion but that might be right up your alley.

Reactions: k80mp
    Buy once cry once, I've tried several brands and none came up to Tier 1 Concealed. If you buy one get the wedge pack as you will almost always need one for proper fit and comfort. Here's one of my carries a Glock 19 which is kind of big for concealed but I carry it more now because of the ease in which the holster goes on and the way it fits. No apex carry other than maybe a snub nose is going to feel great but this comes closer than anything else ...so far. This is the Agis Elite.

Tier 1 Return/Cancelation Policy
    KYDEX GOODS:

Tier 1 Concealed holsters are custom made to your exact specifications. We do not sell used or returned holsters. Please be sure your selections are correct before placing your order. Orders may be canceled if we receive your cancelation request in writing, via email, within 24 hours of placing your order. Please include your name, address and phone number, along with your order number and reason for cancelation. Cancelation requests should be emailed to: [email protected]. Orders canceled or returned after the 24-hour period are subject to a 60% cancelation/return fee. The placing of an order constitutes your understanding and acceptance of our cancelation/return fee policy.

APPAREL:

Tier 1 Concealed does accept returns of apparel and will process a refund ONLY if the product is still packaged and in new condition. If the packaging has been opened, Tier 1 Concealed will exchange the item for another item of equal value AS LONG AS THE ITEM IS STILL IN LIKE NEW CONDITION. In both cases, the customer is responsible to pay return shipping.

And don't worry about return policy as there is a about 20 day or so waiting period and you can easily sell one of these holster.

IMG_5484-L.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: DustBun
    I have a tier 1 and it’s a great holster. I got the one like posted above but with bungees connecting them. It is for a Glock 19. It is very nice. I didn’t like the mag and the gun holsters connected so I separated them and prefer it that way.

I recently bought a hellcat and tried the vedders light tuck. I like it just as much as the tier 1. The tier 1 is nicer build quality as far as finish but they both carry the same and no wait for the vedders. I don’t recommend the vedders iwb mag holster though, atleast the one I got the mag goes down almost to the base pad. Doesn’t leave much to grab ahold of.

I use a Trex for a light bearing G19.

Also use Longs Shadow Holsters and prefer them, and they were a ways out when I switched to a pistol mounted light.

Have used several others. Longs Shadow is my go to.

Reactions: lash
    Depends on what you picked up but check out Tenicor. Have the Velo 4 and it was light years ahead of the light tuck I tried first plus it has buillt in wedge. Tenicor Certum is their latest that looks good also but haven't found a need for it yet.

Reactions: JDB55 and Danajm
    ANR Designs makes my favorite holsters. Get the wedge with whoever you order through, it makes a big difference.

I am a huge fan of JMCK. The kydex molds are really clean and every holster i've gotten from them has had very good retention with a nice "click". 100% would recommend going with a small wedge/pad option for comfort.

Reactions: Danajm
    I would go tier1 love the holsters on my second one and for comfort you can get a wedge pack like others have mentioned they are almost always sold out atleast when I buy my holsters they are… you could also do salonpas to help with comfort too that was recommended to me by tier1

Picked up a new concealed carry pistol and decided to carry appendix with it. Any insight to comfortable AIWB holsters? Have been eyeing the Stealthgear but don’t see much compelling data on them.
    It would be helpful to know what kind of pistol and how it's configured.

I had a T1C for my 365XL but then I bought a Surefire XSC weapons light. Tier 1 was completely non responsive to customer requests at all and did everything right up to, but not including verbally refusing to make a holster for my combination. My line of thinking is that Sig is a major manufacturer and Surefire is a major manufacturer so why not make an option that combine those two?

After months of listening to them dick around and still never manufacturing what I needed I found a place online that offered my combination of pistol and light. Divito's Custom Holsters do a fine job and they were at least for me extremely responsive. They even offered customization if I wanted it.

I've been using their holster for quite a while now and I have zero complaints. The Tier1 holster is fine and I am keeping it just in case, but it's sitting in a drawer somewhere collecting dust.

Reactions: straightandtrue
    I've recently been using ANR for both AIWB and OWB holsters:

I also have a couple from Insane Kydex Designs that are fine.

I asked the same question about a year and a half ago. I got a lot of responses and I tried several brands. The Bradec was what I ended up keeping and it was by far the cheapest. Didn't expect that.

Tier 1 vote from me as well. I have the older Axis slim and like it a lot. Mainly carry a M&P Shield + mag. I can sit down in the car and slide the seatbelt behind the holster/pistol. Has been so comfortable I forget it's there sometimes.

I have a tier 1 and it’s a great holster. I got the one like posted above but with bungees connecting them. It is for a Glock 19. It is very nice. I didn’t like the mag and the gun holsters connected so I separated them and prefer it that way.

I recently bought a hellcat and tried the vedders light tuck. I like it just as much as the tier 1. The tier 1 is nicer build quality as far as finish but they both carry the same and no wait for the vedders. I don’t recommend the vedders iwb mag holster though, atleast the one I got the mag goes down almost to the base pad. Doesn’t leave much to grab ahold of.

Did you move the clip from the magazine carrier to the holes for the shock cord? Or do you run the separated holster with one clip? I want to try one of these but would like a backup plan if I didn't like the magazine in front as well.

I picked up a Glock G43X MOS which I Put a Holosun RDS on.

I’ve been carrying my Sig P320X Carry with RDS for a few years. But I wanted something a bit smaller for the warmer months when I’m wearing less clothes. Been using a Crossbreed holster with that with good luck. But wanted something more tailored to appendix.

Reactions: Lowlight
    Did you move the clip from the magazine carrier to the holes for the shock cord? Or do you run the separated holster with one clip? I want to try one of these but would like a backup plan if I didn't like the magazine in front as well.
    I just pulled the bungee and run a single clip on both holsters. The gun holster I run foam wedges. If you wanted 2 clips on the gun holster you could easily get another clip and bolt it in where the bungee was.

Attachments

• 1726DD54-56B3-47D9-893C-1B0C26F33663.jpeg
      1726DD54-56B3-47D9-893C-1B0C26F33663.jpeg
      892 KB · Views: 539
    Reactions: mi223
    Las concealment has been the best all around for me. I carried a tier 1 axis slim for a while but got away from the sidecar style holsters. A separate mag carrier is more comfortable if you want to carry one.

Whatever you buy get DCC clips for it and a few different sizes of foam wedges to try. They make all the difference in comfort and concealment. I like the ones tier 1 has and I think Phlster just put out an assortment that attach with Velcro so they’re easier to swap back and forth.

I carry both a 19 and 43X in a T1C Axis Slim. If you go this route, opt for the medium height sweat guard or no sweat guard. It will make sitting and bending over with the holster on much more enjoyable. As far as comfort and concealment go, the Axis Slim is the best package I’ve found.

I've been using ANR holsters mainly because they are one of the few who could do a cz p07 with tlr7

I've carried a sig p938 and my czp07 appendix and I've founds its more comfortable with a larger gun. I hardly ever carry my p938, the p07 is just so much more comfortable.

Also wanted to add in not a large guy. 5'7 at about 160-165lbs. Conceals great

What is the purpose of these wedges? To kick the grip out away from the body a bit to ease drawling?

What is the purpose of these wedges? To kick the grip out away from the body a bit to ease drawling?

The wedges push the grip closer to the body and add a little padding so the bottom portion of the holster doesn’t dig in to the inguinal area.

Reactions: Jigstick
    Raven Eidolon is my preferred AIWB holster. I have an Armordillo Concealment XFER if I want to carry with a wml.

Philster and Bawidaman (SP?) seem nice, but I don't own any, have just played with them a bit.

Honestly, any decently made kydex holster with a claw and wedge will serve you well enough, everything else just depends on how and what you're carrying.

Tier 1 Axis slim is what my PPS M2 rides in. It was my first foray into AIWB. I'll be picking up a combo pack for my Shadow Systems mr920 and g48 MOS pretty soon. I also definitely recommend getting at least a small wedge. Medium feels better to me. FYI, when I started carrying appendix, I was 250lbs. I'm 5'11". I'm down a few pounds and my only issue now is floppy belly fat getting in the way of a good initial purchase on the grip. It's a bitch trying to draw when you've snagged the grip plus what feels like a wet gym sock that's attached to your gut! Lol.

MIE Productions made mine for a P365XL w/TLR6. Love it

I use Stealthgear holsters for years every day. I love them. You will not go wrong.

I've tried TREX arms and Tier 1 Concealed, both were just fine. But I'm on my 3rd ANR holster and will keep buying them. Alot of it is personal preference. For me the designs, customer service, and price are perfect.

I run a Tier One Aegis Elite

Another thing at which you should look is the Enigma system, I have this as well and it make for a phenomenally comfortable rig. You can use it with sweatpants, gym shorts, suits, buck ass naked, whatever.

I carry a P320 Carry with the 21rd mag in the gun, both of these work very well.

Tier One's 2.25" wide wedges are great, I actually run multiple of the 1.5" on my Aegis Elite, one on the mag holster and one on the gun. I run the 2.25" on my Enigma system, I like the extra width.

All of them got hit with the belt sander to fit them perfectly to me, that has helped as well.

I ran a Tier One Axis Slim with my prior gun as well, that was a 1911 with 3" barrel. I went from this, which is 9rds, to carrying this 320 with 22 in the gun, these holsters have made concealing the extra size and weight a seamless transition.

Anyways, check out the Enigma system, I've found it to be way worth it.

AIWB works for most body sizes.I personally like it best and have been carrying in this manner for over 20 years.Comfortable,thats all in how you perceive comfort.Remember you have to dress around the gun that you are carrying.I carry 1911 platforms 45acp or 9mm.Commander or smaller.

Question for those of you who have, or used holsters that have the metal clips that attach to the bottom of the holster. Aka as tuckable.

Is one clip enough to keep the pistol stable and not rotate while moving around.

The holsters I have used, all have the wide plastic clip that ataches at the top and this is not an issue. I am shopping for a new holster and noticed some brands use one clip and others use 2. Was curious if anyone noticed any issues with one narrow clip on your belt

JM Custom Kydex is a company that really specializes in AIWB, there’s at least 3 or 4 different designs that could work for you depending on your body type.

Be ready to do a lot of experimenting, with both belts and holsters… it’s a superior method for concealing a pistol that can be comfortable, but it’s a lot harder to get dialed in than behind the hip. And what you know about carrying other places may not apply to AIWB.

A good one needs to wedge the muzzle end out. And twist the grip in towards the body, unless you are a tall skinny person.

Reactions: 17Patriot
    I love my tenicor, highly recommend if you don't want the extra magazine. They have several different variants but I love the built in wedge for the dedicated AIWB and the way they do the light bearing for their holsters, it helps keep it more slim line with less material. If you do want the extra magazine definitely either tier 1 or Trex arms.

Do they teach you how to tie a “man bun” when you appendix carry?

Also kydex is fastest draw when soaked in BRC coffee.

Or just carry normal in leather 🤷‍♂️

• Haha
    Reactions: JDB55
    Im a fan of the Tenicor Velo, very nice retention and also conceals very easily under a regular t-shirt. The wedge design makes it comfortable and helps eliminate printing.

Reactions: JDB55
    Except for maybe a few, if it's made out of kydex and called an "AIWB holster" or can be used as an AIWB holster, I've probably tried it, including every model Raven, Blade-Tech, or Comp-Tac makes or has made in the last 15 or so years (the small, simple, Vanguard 2 was probably the most practical/pragmatic IMO due to it being so minimalist).

In the end, IMHO they all kind of suck, especially if a fight ends up going to the ground (nothing like trying to break a guillotine while a big piece of plastic is stabbing you in the stomach and the pecker lol). Yes, I actually try them when working out in the mat room (blue gun of course). Any of those giant T-Rex style ones are especially a joke, holds the gun, sure, too bad it turns normal shit like getting in and out of vehicles and tying your shoes into a test of one's pain tolerance over and over throughout a day. If you like to eat food and have lost that six-pack, good luck lol.

Hear me now, believe me later: try a Remora.

I carry a full-size G17 AIWB just about every day, jumping out of pickup truck beds, loading cases and cases of water and shit when it's Costco run day, whatever. It's the first/only one I've ever used that's actually, dare I say... comfortable. Nothing stabs you. Works with any clothes, even PJ's and basketball shorts, whatever. (Which is actually kind of important since one is maybe more likely to encounter an active killer on that random light night grocery errand, rather than when they're wearing their double-layer wilderness belt and Tactical Timmy get up.) Totally livable in and out and while seated in vehicles, but since it's easy off easy on, I usually pull it and put it in the open part of my center console on longer rides, only takes a second to slip it back into my waistband when I get to where I'm going.

Seriously, a buddy bugged me for a year to try one and I wouldn't because I thought there was no f'ing way it'd stay put and actually work, especially for like ~40 whole dollars... I was 100% wrong.

tempImagelsIE8d.png

Last edited:
    I have a Dale Fricke for G19 and G43x both with RDS andI love them. I recently went on a paddling trip and wore the 43x for 3 days straight paddling camping and sleeping and no issues whatsoever. I wear my reload in one of their horizontal OWB carriers and like that too.

My buddy swears by TRex. He lives out of state so I haven’t borrowed one yet but I can’t imagine its as good as what I have but I will try it.

I like the RCS Vanguard line and the Tenicor Certum3 for AIWB. The old RCS Eidolon was pretty good as I used it for 2 years.

The Tenicor is a PITA to take on and off IMO, but it is SOLID on you and the holster feels good. RCS is just easy overall,

Do they teach you how to tie a “man bun” when you appendix carry?

Also kydex is fastest draw when soaked in BRC coffee.

Or just carry normal in leather 🤷‍♂️

You're just mad you can't sport such a handsome bun. There is even a motorcycle finger wave equivalent for those in the club.

LmpwZw

The weird thing even today (even though appendix carry has "been a thing" for ~15 years now) is that with few exceptions, most of the AIWB holsters on the market aren't really designed correctly to actually be real-world-livable.

Appendix carry works and is all-day comfortable when you can get the barrel of the gun to ride in the crease between one's plumbing and one's thigh (~1:00)... unless one has washboard abs and can carry at ~12:00-12:30, most humans need a little bit of positive cant much of the time to be comfortable (opposite of the negative "FBI" cant you see on most common paddles or whatever). For whatever reason, the holster makers haven't been able to figure that out.

Another thing is: adding more shit to the holster and making it any larger of a footprint is dumb, and unrealistic considering their use. If a company's "innovation" makes it any bigger, it's going at it the wrong way.

You don't need a mag pouch because most pants come with mag pouches built-in already (pockets). If the holster needs wings to keep the butt of the gun tucked in, then the holster probably needs to be redesigned, adding more shit inside one's waistband is not the answer.

As an aside, I don't talk about concealment much when discussing AIWB's because if you can get AIWB to work right, you can pretty much conceal anything, a Python or a giant Desert Eagle is probably doable if one wanted to. I can conceal a full-size Glock under thin Under Armor T-shirts with no problem.

I think a big part of the reason a Remora works so well is that it can move with you and your body a little. When one is active (running, jumping, climbing stairs, etc) or sitting, the gun naturally leans over with a bit of positive cant so it's not stabbing you, but when you're upright, your movement reorientates the gun vertically without really having to do anything.

Last edited: