• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Apple Air Tag

So why aren't they getting the info for the device/apple account that activated the Air Tag?

Interesting that the majority of them show up on Dodge / Chrysler vehicles.... A few Youtubers sent them all over the world and could track the packages....

I'm just an old guy who is not into the high tech stuff.... Articles just make me shake my head as to how much data is being gathered... and why ?

Not sure if it’s the same video I saw. But interesting that his phone told him he was being tracked and let him make it make a noise to show where it was

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
I own several of these air tags and FREAKIN LOVE them!

Shelby-Kitten wears one all the time. I take comfort that if there is a fire at night I can pitch her out any window to safety then find her later in the dark chaos.

Now when I take care of a friends pet I slap on an air-tag while they are here. It’s a lot of peice of mind.

I also gave my nephew with aspergers one to keep on his person during his first solo multi-state trip. His folks had his phone tracking but phones can get dropped, stolen or lost. The thing was amazing!

I find all this pearl-clutching over these things to be absolute foolishness. There have been a multitude of tracking devices on the market for a long time now.

I use these as not only anti-loss devices but also anti-theft devices. The pearl-clutchers are NOW succeeding in warning crimnals that the slolen object has a tracker…..Great work ‘Snowflake-Pearl-Clutchers’ of America 🙄
47063B5A-8DBF-4115-96BC-D7703A1DF368.jpeg

0C82B9BE-5C6B-42FC-8FAE-EF0200563B6A.jpeg

58174BFB-99AA-49FB-98CF-F862E8D516C5.jpeg

D55A1650-C419-48AA-AD7D-B08298AE6EE5.jpeg

yeah, the war room and I use them. our youngest has type 1 diabetes, she's now 7. she has a dexcom, an insulin pump and carries a phone with her so we can monitor her numbers throughout the day (i.e. at school, playing with neighborhood kids). she's lost the phone once. found in the bushes thanks to the air tag. lost the dexcom once, found it in-between fence slats. as much as i don't like the eye of sauron, they do have there uses for sure

yeah, the war room and I use them. our youngest has type 1 diabetes, she's now 7. she has a dexcom, an insulin pump and carries a phone with her so we can monitor her numbers throughout the day (i.e. at school, playing with neighborhood kids). she's lost the phone once. found in the bushes thanks to the air tag. lost the dexcom once, found it in-between fence slats. as much as i don't like the eye of sauron, they do have there uses for sure
My thought is if you have a phone you are already being tracked. Sounds like you are making really good use of yours.

All the freaking out over these things makes me wonder what it would be like if mechanized travel where invented now. “Oh my god, like people can like get in their car and follow you around so much easier, than on horseback now!!!😱” or Binoculars “People can literally watch you pick your nose from a long ways away!!🙀

Here is the notification I get if I have “notify when left behind” switched on. It is basically a proximity sensor for any piece of gear that you might lose, leave or gets stolen while are nearby. When hunting I stick one on my back pack which I sometimes drop during a stalk and my $800 Kestrel.

AAB23E49-0FC5-41A6-BB92-26A8A1C24E93.jpeg

This guy shows how to remove the chirp speaker, so as not to warn thieves or that mechanic joy riding your truck…..

Last edited:
Reactions: Hobo Hilton
They make anything this small that works for those of us that live in the middle of nowhere?...
These work via the proximity of an iPhone. So being in the middle of nowhere still works if there is cell service and iphones moving around.

What proximity would be the question...

I mean if we are talking about a 30-300 acre farm that only gets a tractor 2x a year I'm guessing it don't work...

Hence my question

Reactions: Holliday
What proximity would be the question...

I mean if we are talking about a 30-300 acre farm that only gets a tractor 2x a year I'm guessing it don't work...

Hence my question
Ok that gives more specific parameters but doesn’t really give at lot of details. If you are out on your tractor and your keys with an airtag falls off, and you have and iphone, you could drive around until you find them. Or say one of your workers with an iphone got close enough for a ping.

Example, occasionally my friend’s dog gets loose in the “isolated” state park. We drive around trying to find it, talking to campers etc. The airtag has the potential to work because their is cell service and most of us have iphones. Also a lot of campers do.

One of the good things is that every iphone picks these up. There is no setting to set or a way I know of to block them. My guess is that a phone needs to get within 100 yards or less but I have no data. Only anecdotal evidence.

If you want to track your dog that ran off and you are not driving within it’s proximity, and there is no chance of campers with iphones etc., then no.

There are a plethora of gps trackers on the market for that. These work off crowdsourcing unlike a gps unit.