• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Application Season where you putting in for?

FjallJager

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 8, 2010
    Southern Rockies
    I bought points in Utah and so far for elk and antelope in Arizona, I am applying in New Mexico for everything except bear and turkey, and dependent on that I will apply for Coues deer, bighorn sheep and javelina in Arizona.

If the earlier draws and my vacation time allows, in June I am going to apply in Wyoming for antelope I have 9 points.

I have a backup hunt in Texas if I don't draw anything.

Reactions: rope
    Dall sheep in the Tok Management Area and Bison in Delta Junction State Bison Range.

Reactions: Ison
    Same thing I put in for every year here, Bighorn, Moose, Elk, Mule Deer, Late season whitetail, and probably will do a Mountain Lion hunt with my friends dogs this year.

Dall sheep in the Tok Management Area and Bison in Delta Junction State Bison Range.
    6 days til results! Ive been a very good boy this year...please F&G Santa bring me my TMA tag! Pretty please haha.

I’ll be putting in 55-67 apps this year in 19 states like I do every year. Number of apps just depends on what tags I pull...

I’ve drawn 5 sub 2% chance tags in the last 4 years so I’m on a bit of a hot streak! But OTC fall back if everything is colored red haha

Reactions: rope
    Let me know if you get your TMA. Maybe we can meet at Fast Eddie's.
    6 days til results! Ive been a very good boy this year...please F&G Santa bring me my TMA tag! Pretty please haha.

I’ll be putting in 55-67 apps this year in 19 states like I do every year. Number of apps just depends on what tags I pull...

I’ve drawn 5 sub 2% chance tags in the last 4 years so I’m on a bit of a hot streak! But OTC fall back if everything is colored red haha

Reactions: Sparkeytj
    Let me know if you get your TMA. Maybe we can meet at Fast Eddie's.
    If I draw that tag I will buy you and your hunting partner both mad trappers plus a milk shake each.
    Then desert at sheep mountain lodge strawberry rhubarb pie on the way back down the glen. I’ll buy once again!

I am a local to Fast Eddies, hopefully will be around, I hunt the area TMA on decides what side of the road I hunt on.

If I draw that tag I will buy you and your hunting partner both mad trappers plus a milk shake each.
    Then desert at sheep mountain lodge strawberry rhubarb pie on the way back down the glen. I’ll buy once again!
    I have never stopped at Sheep Mountain Lodge we stop at Eureka Lodge. My kids and her grandkids are buddy's and play on the same hockey team. My oldest is in the valley play right now. We will all be there next weekend for another tournament.

Results were posted today, neither the wife or I were drawn any special tags, over the counter for us.

I am thankful thankful that my over the counter tags are really really good. I have no complaints. Looking forward to bear, moose, sheep and deer season. Spending the summer fishing in Valdez will help the no draw blues.

Elk, Mule Deer and Oryx tags applied for in NM. NM resident and haven't drawn an elk tag in over 7 years and gets frustrating. Drawing is in April and keeping my fingers crossed.

Between them, OnX, and that rube Randy Newberg, they have pretty much fucked up many of the awesome spots I used to hunt on here in my home state. Especially public land. I have zero issue with folks coming from other states to hunt the west, as a matter of fact, I have taken quite a few folks out to do it. But the blatant advertising of it and doing almost everything right up to giving out GPS coordinates is too much and it has been the demise of many a good spot out here. Odds are if you get tag info or subscribe to their services you won't be alone in your quest for a critter. Anything can happen while hunting, but my experience is that the more people there are traipsing in the woods, the worse your hunt will be. Call me old fashioned, but it takes away from the experience for me when I pull into a trailhead and see 25 other rigs there...many of them with an OnX or GoHunt sticker on their vehicles. Sorry, old guy rant over.

I apply for Moose, Sheep, Goat, every year. Mountain Goat hunts are my favorite. Been on quite a few with friends, but have never drawn the tag. Hope springs eternal though, and maybe this year will be the year.

Between them, OnX, and that rube Randy Newberg, they have pretty much fucked up many of the awesome spots I used to hunt on here in my home state. Especially public land. I have zero issue with folks coming from other states to hunt the west, as a matter of fact, I have taken quite a few folks out to do it. But the blatant advertising of it and doing almost everything right up to giving out GPS coordinates is too much and it has been the demise of many a good spot out here. Odds are if you get tag info or subscribe to their services you won't be alone in your quest for a critter. Anything can happen while hunting, but my experience is that the more people there are traipsing in the woods, the worse your hunt will be. Call me old fashioned, but it takes away from the experience for me when I pull into a trailhead and see 25 other rigs there...many of them with an OnX or GoHunt sticker on their vehicles. Sorry, old guy rant over.

I apply for Moose, Sheep, Goat, every year. Mountain Goat hunts are my favorite. Been on quite a few with friends, but have never drawn the tag. Hope springs eternal though, and maybe this year will be the year.
    This^^. All the hunting shows advertising NM especially the Gila have made it very difficult to draw tags even for NM residents. 50% of the elk tags are ranch tags with 85% of those going to non-residents. The price of ranch tags have gone through the roof with most of the hunters just going for trophies.

Draw odds suck across the west. At least New Mexico limits non-residents to 5%. Most NM units that are worth applying for as a resident (due to a high percentage of public land) have very low draw odds for residents and abysmal draw odds for non-residents.

I wish our draw was in January like Wyoming and Arizona. That would decrease non-resident participation as the draw odds suck in New Mexico. I'd really like them to start charging 10 times the non-resident rate for the hunting license. Then people would write us off.

Our problem is the private land allocations on antelope and elk. They should do what they do in Colorado and only give the ranchers a percentage of the allocation, force landowners to allow those that draw tags on that specific ranch to hunt the ranch.

If a rancher wants to sell tags, then part of those tags go to the public.

Public resource (wildlife), as in the normal way the North American model of wildlife management works.

Not the grandiose out West tags, however I just put in for 3 South Carolina Turkey draws.

I bought points in Utah and so far for elk and antelope in Arizona, I am applying in New Mexico for everything except bear and turkey, and dependent on that I will apply for Coues deer, bighorn sheep and javelina in Arizona.

If the earlier draws and my vacation time allows, in June I am going to apply in Wyoming for antelope I have 9 points.

I have a backup hunt in Texas if I don't draw anything.
    Putting in for a Mule deer in Kansas this year

I grew up in Montana, and go hunt there general tag every year, but put in for a hard-to-draw elk tag every year, still unsuccessfully. In my home state (ID), putting in for an extra doe tag, and long-season elk tag. Putting my wife in for a moose.