• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

applied ballistic center-x library

rockwind1

Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
westworld
was going to put a new profile in my kestrel and am shooting center-x,, 6 different choices,,,,sigh. any tips on putting center-x into kestrel? not expecting perfection just was thinking it might get me close.

and why does the default mv say 2650 for a center-x 22?

It’s been a minute since I imported mine. I think they are just different lot numbers. Just pick one and update the MV. If you’re shooting past 200 yards you’ll have a to do a DSF calibration.

Reactions: rockwind1
It’s been a minute since I imported mine. I think they are just different lot numbers. Just pick one and update the MV. If you’re shooting past 200 yards you’ll have a to do a DSF calibration.
thanks,, so you kept the custom drag model? did you mess around with g1 or g7 at all

thanks,, so you kept the custom drag model? did you mess around with g1 or g7 at all
The purchased library has a G1 of .121 and G7 of 0.62 besides the CDM for Center-X

Just did this yesterday, funny I only remember two choices under Lapua (CenterX and Midas+) then choose between custom curve or G3 bc.
I use cc, and cal velocity at first distance it doesn't work then cal DSF for any farther inconsistencies.

I use the custom drag model. I think I did a dsf cal at 200 and 300. It’s been spot on out to 450.
care to share how you do the DSF calibration and what its doing? I trued mine adjusting MV. My numbers from kestrel at 200 and out were way off

care to share how you do the DSF calibration and what its doing? I trued mine adjusting MV. My numbers from kestrel at 200 and out were way off
So you do not know how fast your bullets are going? That’s where I would start before shooting past 50 yds.
With the quality of Chronographs truing with MV doesn’t make sense to me.

So you do not know how fast your bullets are going? That’s where I would start before shooting past 50 yds.
With the quality of Chronographs truing with MV doesn’t make sense to me.
I do know how fast they are going..... When I inputed that in my kestrel my dope for 100 was on but everything out was off....

Ah ok…. So thats a known so why change it? Wouldn‘t making an adjustment to BC based off your 200 yd or whatever distance data line up make more sense.
Just trying to help myself understand 22 RF trueing.

Using Kestrel elite?
Scroll down to your rifle, select, Scroll down to cal DSF, select, and it works just like cal MV.
Correction Inputs must be in linear order (near to far).
It does seem to help if you do a cal MV at the first distance that does not work with your initial Inputs, then cal DSF afterwards.