• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Applied Ballistic Link App Crashes

Bull81

Lost Cause
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Mississippi
i have a kestrel elite 5700 and the ballistics link app on my iPhone. The app connects to the unit but the app crashes whenever you go to the target screen. This just started happening up until now it's been working fine. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling it but it still isn't working. Anybody else having this issue

i have a kestrel elite 5700 and the ballistics link app on my iPhone. The app connects to the unit but the app crashes whenever you go to the target screen. This just started happening up until now it's been working fine. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling it but it still isn't working. Anybody else having this issue

See if this occurs because your Bluetooth is "off" when you start the app.

Also has anything at all changed on your phone? Anything like an iOS update?

See if this occurs because your Bluetooth is "off" when you start the app.

Also has anything at all changed on your phone? Anything like an iOS update?
I keep Bluetooth on at all times on my phone, it connects to the kestrel fine and will send and receive rifle profiles with no trouble. Was even able to do the software update without any problem. It's only when going to either targeting screen that it crashes. This started after I did a muzzle velocity calibration and sent that updated file from the kestrel back to the app, not sure if that's what caused it but after that is when the crashing started. It been a few months since I did a phone update and it's been working fine so I don't think that's any issue.

Same crash sequence was occurring to me as well on both iPad & iPhone (10.3.3). One of the other threads suggesting deleting and re-installing the AB app and it works now ! Thankfully, I had synced the data to the Web.