• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Applied Ballistics Book: Second Edition

BryanLitz

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Announcing the second edition of <span style="font-style: italic">Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting</span>.</span>

wpfd4b8db5.png

You can read about the second edition and place your order here.

-Bryan

Re: Applied Ballistics Book: Second Edition

Hey Brian,

I'm in. loved the first one, looking forward to the second.

Take care.

Thanks ... just ordered it ... cant wait to see the sequel
smile.gif

Is this a book that will include all info from the first? Or is it a buy and read first edition then graduate to the second edition? Thanks!

Mike

Mike,

This book has all the information from the first edition, plus a bunch of new stuff. It's not a sequel, but a second edition.

-Bryan

I'd love a discount for those of us who financially supported the First edition.
wink.gif

I guess I'd buy the 2nd edition regardless.

<span style="font-style: italic">Update: not so fast. Web site refuses to take my order & money, giving me (twice) the following message:

An error has occurred. Please try your request again, or contact customer service for assistance. Thank you.
Please provide Reference #24022xxx if contacting customer service.
</span>

Bryan,
I noticed on 'http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/' your add says $39.95, but the link takes you to your site which says $49.95 + shipping. I doubt you intended this as 'bait & switch,' but for would-be first time buyers it may come across that way. FWIW.

Cheers,

DC

Mouse,

I've had several reports of CC processing not working, but there are a lot that are successfully processing. I'll look into the failure cases and see if I can figure out why. Thanks for the heads up.

DC,

I'm aware the add on accurate shooter.com is outdated and will be fixing that asap.

-Bryan

I'll definitely be picking up the second edition, and I'll pass my first edition on to a friend getting back into long range shooting to share the knowledge.

Bryan,
Just ordered it from the website. FWIW, the first click on your link stalled for several minutes. However, when I clicked a second time, it linked up to the order page right away. No problems connecting to the subsequent ordering pages whatsoever.

Bryan- I just received the FIRST edition today...
how unlucky is that...no idea a second edition was available.

here was my email verification from E. Arthur Brown Co.

Re: Order Number: 151797

Thank you for your order! We appreciate your business!

Visit us at www.eabco.com

Date Shipped Via
03/28/11 MEDIA MAIL
Tracking Number: 9449010200793528671054

You spoke to me about a month ago stating that you would have a platform available for the windows 7 phone. Will your second edition software be used in that program?

Thank you,
Merritt

Thanks for all the interest guys!

Merritt,

The Windows Mobile app is entirely separate from the book software. The software that comes with the book is for PC only.

-Bryan

just ordered it, can i get it autographed just incase you are famous someday Bryan ?
grin.gif

Bryan,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any chance for a GB or Discount as stated above?</div></div>
I understand you don't <span style="font-weight: bold">have</span> to do that as based on the interest displayed here your sales appear to be fine without it, but it surely would be nice to those who bought the first edition.

I'd appreciate hearing your position on this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hank440</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just ordered it, can i get it autographed just in case you are famous someday Bryan ?
grin.gif
</div></div>
Actually not a bad idea!
grin.gif

Bryan, would you care to answer these questions?
smile.gif

Any chance of this being published in Kindle format? I've been trying to move my library to digital format.

Thanks for all the interest everyone.

I'll work on making a 'comments block' available on the order page for those who want to request an autographed copy. Right now there's no way to keep track of that. (I'm no jedi master with this online store stuff).

I offer a reduced price for dealers who buy the book in bulk. I can offer the same deal for members of an organized 'group'. Catch: the reason I offer a discount is because it allows me to get rid of many books with one shipment. I couldn't offer a discount on books shipped to individuals. So if someone is willing to coordinate the ordering / distribution, I will ship a bulk quantity to them at the dealer price, and they can manage the distribution to members of the 'group'. If someone would like to coordinate this, please contact me via PM and I'll provide the pricing.
This GB will be for anyone interested, not just those who bought the first edition.

I've been considering Kindle, but haven't decided yet. The demand appears to be very low.

To answer a good question posed in another thread regarding what new bullets are covered: this list shows all the bullets, and indicates which are new.

Thanks again for the positive response!

-Bryan

Bryan,

I noticed a Berger .308 200 gr. Hybrid in the 2nd Edition. Do I have to buy the new edition to find out ship date and BC?
grin.gif
Inquiring minds...

John

John,

Admittedly, it's not a perfectly synchronized release...

However the bullets on that list will be added to the permanent line; timeline pending.

-Bryan

Having been through a few product launches, I can completely empathize.

Will wait patiently for data.

Thanks Bryan.

John

I may do the GB.

Bryan, could you please email or PM me with the cost? And with the minimum amount of book orders to enable GB? I'll then post at PX GB forum here.

Tnx!

Guys,

I'm working on setting up a Group Buy (after I clear a few things up I'll post here and in the Group Buy forum. Group Buy will work if I get enough (40+) orders.

Before I even begin - could people here give me an idea of what amount of discount (assuming I'll charge $6 for the shipping within US) would make it worthwhile for you to join the Group Buy.

Tnx!

Poor old Lapua 7.62 B476 170 grain lock base as loaded in the Lapua HPS ammo misses out again.

Sigh.

Maybe next update please ?

Ordered.

I look forward to reading the new sections.

Thanks Bryan, you are the man.

Vin

The books came sooner than expected!

All pre-orders are being processed and will ship tomorrow (April 12).

All new orders will be ship within 1-2 days.

-Bryan

Bryan,

Is the info on the 6mm Dtacs the same as in the first book or did you retest them with the new pointed version?

Jason

Got one ordered. I was really glad to see you ship to APO addresses. Too many retailers out there don't offer that. Thanks.

Awesome, got the notice my books being shipped...

Hey Bryan, did that include the complimentry box of AB 175 Tacs for the first 400 orders.....
smile.gif

Just checking

cheers,

JJ

yes i would agree

i have recommended numerous copies, with the same line as SUMPTER STEVE , best book out there , a must have for any serious shooter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: banshee sws</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes i would agree

i have recommended numerous copies, with the same line as SUMPTER STEVE , best book out there , a must have for any serious shooter </div></div>
Yes! That's why I took upon myself the burden of running a Group Buy.
wink.gif

Bryan, got my book today, really looking forward to reading it and learning. Expect to be reading some sections a number of times. Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bryan,

Is the info on the 6mm Dtacs the same as in the first book or did you retest them with the new pointed version?

Jason</div></div>

Book just arrived... and in perfect time for a long weekend as well
smile.gif

Flicking thru the new Chapter 5 Wind Deflection, I can say there is a lot more covered in the 2nd edition.

Thankyou Bryan for covering vertical deflection and terrain

Jason,

I did not get a chance to test the pointed DTAC. The data on this bullet is unchanged from the 1st edition.

I would estimate that pointing that bullet would add about 3 or 4% to the BC, but that's just an estimate.

Take care,
-Bryan

Order just placed! Looking forward to receiving it.

MY WIFE TELLS ME THE BOOK ARIVED AT THE HOUSE IN MICHIGAN DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY, I'M STILL IN KUWAIT SO IT WILL BE ANOTHER WEEK BEFORE I TAKE LEAVE AND GET TO LOOK IT OVER. THAT FOR THE FAST SHIPPING THOUGH.