• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Applied Ballistics device suggestions

Jmccracken1214

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 10, 2018
    Thomasville, NC
    Looking for something simple with applied ballistics. I don’t really need a kestrel for what I’m doing these days but from what I’m googling, I see the kestrel 5700 and the garmin foretrex.

I like the idea of the garmin a little better.

Any other devices out there I should look at?

Smart phone would be a good option. It's likely you already own the phone so a few dollars more and you are running. Hornady's 4DOF system is free so you should take a look at that option as well. Watch the video's on 4DOF and it will start to make sense on how it works.

Unless you have another weather meter to give you atmospheric data then you’ll still need something in addition to the garmin. The elite 5700 AB with link is pretty much the way to go for an all in one unit. You don’t have to get the link version but it’s way easier building profiles in your phone and uploading them than doing it on the kestrel.

Reactions: Jmccracken1214