• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Applied Ballistics Mobile question

jbell

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jan 16, 2010
    Lewiston, ME
    I recently switched smartphones and since downloading AB Mobile to my latest phone (Motorola) I can not get the ballistic calibration feature to work. I open that feature on the app and just get the spinning wheel and “initializing...” notification. I have looked at the AB FAQ’s and also found the product info for this app but I do not see anything that helps. I have gotten an update or two for the bullet library so I assume the app is up to date.

Any thoughts?

Under your phone's settings app find "Apps & notifications" then Applied Ballistics. Ensure that Location and Storage are allowed for the app.
    Go back to Settings and look for "Security & location" and turn location on if it isn't.

Reactions: jbell
    Under your phone's settings app find "Apps & notifications" then Applied Ballistics. Ensure that Location and Storage are allowed for the app.
    Go back to Settings and look for "Security & location" and turn location on if it isn't.
    I confirmed all of these were on, which they were. Still just initializing...

Try restarting the phone. Close everything out first

Yep...
    I have not shot centerfire where I did not know my dope since the new phone. Maybe that is it.
    If you get a answer on getting it to work with Rim Fire would be awesome. My only complaint with the app is I want the DSF for rimfire.