• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Applied Ballistics Rimfire Data

walkabout

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
Devon, England
Does Applied Ballistics have any rimfire data or custom curves for rimfire?
I use a Garmin 701 and use Garmin Profile loader to load the 701, but can't find and rimfire bullets in the database?
Or am I missing something?
Cheers

IMG_3970.png
IMG_3969.png

These are some of the 22 LR profiles listed in the Kestrel app for the 5700 Elite. I don’t have a 701 so no help there.

Just make sure to true your data using the AP data as a starting off point......it'l be different for every barrel combo out there.

Yep..
If you look at the PDM profiles, you see they have huge variation.

Something I find interesting about AB’s G1 BC‘s for 40 gr bullets?
When I look at them across the board none seem to be close to what the Sierra shows? AB‘s generally start in 120’s to mid 130’s while Sierra start at .145 and go up!

Likely depends on the range tested, SK lists .172 for all of their round nose, but that is at 75 yards.

I have worked out the BC for SK Standard Plus for of my B14r using LabRadar data and actual impacts out to 200yrd and use .146 (G1). I think you’re better off starting with the basic inputs of weight and velocity and backing into the correct BC based on measured impacts at various distances but I’m far from an expert….