• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms APR built 6.5 PRC - Defiance Anti-X, Manners LRH, Hawkins Hunter DBM, 22" Brux Fluted Barrel

cfulback32

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2010
Dallas, TX
Up for sale is my 6.5 PRC built by Alamo Precision Rifles. It has ~10 rounds through it, with a 5 shot group with Norma match ammo at 0.51". Here are the build details:

Current asking price: $4,000 or best offer

Defiance Anti X short mag
Triggertech Diamond 2 stage
Brux 6.5 blank- APR contour (see pics for contour details)
APR - Fluting
APR - 6.5 PRC chamber
APR - 5/8 x 24 muzzle
Area 419 Hellfire
Manners LRH w/ mini chassis
APR - bedding
APR - KG gunkote bolt, cerakote action and barrel
Hawkins precision hunter short action
(2) Hawkins flush fit PRC / WSM mag
(1) MDT 7 rd PRC mag

Backstory: the rifle started as a 300 WSM built by APR, which I just couldn't get to shoot. I shot about 100 rounds trying different factory ammo and reloads. APR then shot it and confirmed that we got the 1 in a million bad barrel from a very well known barrel maker. At that point, I had already bought a replacement 300 WSM rifle for my upcoming Nilgai hunt. APR made everything right, and rebarreled the rifle at no cost. I decided to go with a 6.5 PRC with the intention of selling the rifle since I already bought a replacement 300 WSM. I took it to the range to confirm all was well with the new barrel, and it's a shooter (completely different than the old barrel). I stacked 3 rounds during zeroing, and then shot a 5 shot group at 0.51" with off the shelf Norma ammo. The barrel has about 12 rounds on it, and action right around 100 rounds on it.

I was very tempted to keep this one... at 7 lbs 4 oz and 22", it is very handy and very accurate. It would make a great hunting rifle, or maybe an NRL light build, but I have a few 6.5 creedmoor guns at this point, and I don't think I want to add another caliber to my reloading setup. I might duplicate this in a creedmoor someday... So, I am putting this out there and seeing if someone might want to take it off my hands.

Replacement cost and everything that is included is listed below. I know I won't get that price of course, but providing it for reference.

Feedback: I have feedback here, ar15.com, and ebay going back many years with this username. These days, best practice is for us to facetime / zoom call before money changes hands, and I am more than happy to do that. I can show you the rifle, confirm I'm real, answer questions, etc.

Any other questions, let me know! Thanks!

build details.PNG

01.jpeg
1.1.jpeg
02.jpeg
03.jpeg
04.jpeg
05.jpeg
06.jpeg
07.jpeg
08.jpeg
09.jpeg
10.jpeg