• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Aproximate cost to re barrel a Remington sps AAC .308 with a match grade barrel?

p5200

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2008
poplar bluff mo.
I have replaced the factory stock with a B&C Medalist style A2 stock. I'd like to keep the same caliber but, replace barrel with a longer match grade and have action trued. Thanks for all input.

Depends on which smith you use. Call Chad Dixon at Longrifles and ask him as he's running a group buy on just that.

Pricing is all over the board. A few things to consider: most expensive isn't the best, cheapest is sometimes as good (read sometimes). The biggest determining factor in my opinion is communication you get from your chosen smith. We all are busy but the time it takes to reply to an email from the customer builds confidence you made the right choice.

I just rebarreled rem 700 sa from varmint barrel to a m24 spec kreiger from bugholes.com($340). My local smith charged me $275 to true the action and all that jazz. So roughly cost me $650

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk