• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

APT on CZ American which rings?

.257wby

Private
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2009
Dallas, TX
Guys I have searched tirelessly trying to find the best way to mount my new Mueller APT on my new CZ American.

The best ring setups I have seen are with the Super sniper low 30mm (with base) or the burris posi-align mediums. I want the scope to be as low as possible while still clearing the bolt.

Looks like a lot of people like the RT or DIP 25moa base, problem is they are out of stock and 'supposedly' not going to be in stock for 2 weeks.

J&P makes the weaver adaptors which are only like $20 bucks https://www.jnpgunsprings.com/product_info.php?products_id=247

I am trying to save as much money as possible, but I don't want a half-ass setup either. Wondering if a 25moa base is really important to have on the APT since it has ca 80moa of adjustment. Obviously I am excited to shoot the rifle, the J&P's are in stock, and $30 cheaper than the DIP rail.

Anyone have any advice? I also want the rifle to look nice/classic, not exactly going for the tacticool look on this one.

Re: APT on CZ American which rings?

You didn't say if it is .22 LR or .17 HMR.

You need to figure out if you have a 3/8" or 11mm dovetail.

This will help ---> http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336921

If you're shooting .17 I doubt you will need a rail. If you are shooting .22 you will have to look at your expected range and trajectory, and do the math.

I went straight to CZ for rings. About $60 shipped to me, and a quality product.

I already checked that, surprisingly, there aren't any APT's on that list, and very few scopes with 30mm tubes.

Also it seems like NO ONE has the burris signature rings in stock. I wouldn't mind the CZ rings but they seem a little high/no option for a 20moa base.

It's a .22LR, I may just get those cheap J&P weaver adapters for now and wait till the 25moa bases are back in stock. The 3/8 dovetail sounds almost impossible to fit without cz rings

you may be able to dig something out of here, or at least the associated threads at the bottom, but i think your 20.00 bases are your best bet until DIP has there's back in stock. 1 & 2 piece, 0 and + MOA rimfire scope bases, etc.

actually, can you pick up a set of rings to fit your CZ dovetail?

thinking about it, if you get the weaver conversion bases, then put on weaver type rings, you are probably going to end up getting shorter rings as the DIP base is somewhat tall. in other words, if you get medium or high rings now, you may have to get a low or medium size once the DIP base is on.

if you can't wait until the base is in, i'd just find cheap CZ dovetail rings for right now (for under 20 bucks)

i'd get the 1 piece base anyway (whether you want a tacticool look or not) mostly beause it's functional and easier to have it already in place for these reasons:

1. +MOA bases help with getting enough "tilt" in the toward the front of the optic. this tilting effect allows the rimfire to be shot out at further distances without running out of elevation adjustment to compensate for the extreme arc of the ammo, or at least in the case of a 5 moa base - an additional 5 moa of elevation, 20 moa base gives 20 moa more of adjustment, etc.

2. the one piece construction and multiple mounting "slots" give you much more adaptability to mount ring and optic combinations in multiple places to help with eye releif.

3. the one piece construction and multiple mounting "slots" is better at keeping the rings away from critical points such as where junctions are on the tube (adjusment knob housing, objective bell beginning, etc.) where overtorqued or misalingned rings can play havoc, possibly causing crushing , bending, other damage to those areas.

4. there is more room to attach things like an anticant device or cosine indicator if you feel the need to train with those devices (an ACD is highly recommended).

5. if you feel the need to do so, you can use multiple optics using quick detach rings, with the ability to compensate for eye relief as mentioned in #2. a nice option to have on say a 10/22 that you want to run a telescopic sight and switch to a red dot perhaps.

6. the higher profile of the +MOA bases gives you more height for better clearance on larger objective lenses, especially if you run lens caps on it. this will also usually eliminate the need to buy higher rings if you decide to go with a larger objective lens.

7. as mentioned above, the 1 piece stiffens things up and offers 1 less less part that can go wrong compared to a 2 piece setup.

8. and lastly, they look freaking neat.

the only disadvantages that i can think of:

1. doing a open sight / see thru scope ring combo is nearly impossible to achieve.

2. the added height of the +MOA bases may mess up your cheek weld with the stock.

I'm mulling over ordering the CZ USA 30mm dovetail rings come Monday...does anybody have experience with them? I will be mounting a SS 3-9x42 on a 452V. My main concern is if these rings will be low enough, but still allow the bolt to clear. I don't feel like screwing around with bases and more rings...

I have CZ 19007 rings on my 453 varmint with a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 in them. 30mm tube. There is just enough clearance to slip a cover over the objective and just enough clearance for the bolt handle. The space between the barrel and objective was about .195"

I just posted some pictures on RFC.

i know this isnt cheap in any way at all but i modified a nightforce 20 moa rail for a s/a 700 to work on my 453. Had to drill and tap the reciever and mill the radius out of the base. But its strong and is one of the best looking cz setups i have seen. I'll try and get some pics up