• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR 10 8.6 Blackout builds

Floridapanhandle

Private
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2023
Florida Panhandle
I am starting a budget build 8.6 Blackout. So far I have bought.
PSA PA-10 complete lower 199.00
PSA PA-10 upper 119.00
Faxton Duty series 12" 197.00
What I plan to buy next
Bear Creek Arsenal BCG. 99.99
Superlative Arms adjustable
adjustable gas block. 99.97
I'm looking for recommendations for a hand guard. The upper is DPMS style with the high rail. I would like to hear from anyone else that has done an AR-10 build in 8.6

Last edited:
I would be very careful with both a budget build for an AR10 type rifle (we have seen complete shit in this market at budget prices), and also the mix and match. The only thing I might swap out is the barrel.

I hate to come across as elitest, but you cannot think of an AR10 / .308 build as a bigger version of an AR15. While some say that have DPMS or Armalite standards, the truth is much further from marketing.

Reactions: BAMAboy18
Budget build? Check out just rails dot com. Mostly chinesium and Bo brands an American would recognize. But, when the price must be right, it’s a good place to start. I’ve got a couple of HGs from them. They ship fast. There are a few parts to an AR that make me question the adage “you get what you pay for.” The HG is one of them, especially when the user isn’t relying on RTZ for accessories.

I would be very careful with both a budget build for an AR10 type rifle (we have seen complete shit in this market at budget prices), and also the mix and match. The only thing I might swap out is the barrel.

I hate to come across as elitest, but you cannot think of an AR10 / .308 build as a bigger version of an AR15. While some say that have DPMS or Armalite standards, the truth is much further from marketing.
Do you know of anyone other than Faxon making off-the-shelf 8.6 AR barrels?

I’d go with 1:6.5” twist barrel from Mos-Tek. 1:3” is too fast and bullets are coming apart ruining silencers. There’s a long thread in here you can search.

I bought a Faxon 16" 8.6 Blackout...absolutely the worst barrel rifling I've ever seen in a new barrel..but they were the only game in town at the time. The 3 twist was hard to see through, a bunch of fuzz appeared. Ran a patch through and metal pieces and slivers and brown rust like stuff came out. The rifling button on the 3 twist did not have enough clearance, enough lube, pumped in. Galling and tearing metal as it went, especially at the start.
I built a fuxture and lapped the barrel with silicon carbide lapping compound, then polished with Iosso paste. But chunks of metal were torn from the bore & pits at the start for quite a few inches, in the borescope...but the last few inches were okay...so it might shoot.
It is definitely a sub only caliber...unless you use all copper bullets. Accuracy is found with two bullets 300 gr SMK and 300 Gr Berger. Imr 4198 and 1680 for those about 15.8 gr. Faxon 225 load data is dangerous it blows primers for most everyone using it.
It was the first super fired in the barrel and blew up inside the muzzle brake and destroyed the brake and the magneto speed. ..an expensive lesson. The cartridge is of little use except for LR shooting of subs with high BC 300 gr bullets on steel...it has too much capacity for subsonic and too little capacity for supers. I asked Faxon for an 8 twist...they can only do 3 twist as
per licensing agreement. The 3 twist is a sales gimmick and mathematically adds almost nothing to the energy of the bullet in rotational velocity. Shot to shot variation adds or subtracts more energy than any 3 twist. The 3 twist is actually a negative. And the brass if made from other calibers 308, 30-06, 25-06, 6.5 Creedmoor must be neck turned unto the shoulder to preform well in the AR 10. I did get a coupon from Faxon and got the fast twist 450 bushmaster which produces more close range energy in a lighter AR 15...and will handle 502 gr bullets for subs, for a lot more sub energy on target, at close hunting ranges. My 8.6 Blackout is an expensive plinker...285 eldm will not make 50 yds at 1400 fps, the best cheap plinker is the 200 gr Speer it actually got to 1600 fps and stayed together...lead bullets must be kept in the subsonic area. They will blow up as soon as they leave the confines of the barrel... dangerous to anyone on either side of the muzzle. Beware, and be careful...

Attachments

• 20221002_131033.jpg
    20221002_131033.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 184
  • Wow
Reactions: Uhlan and LRRPF52
I bought a Faxon 16" 8.6 Blackout...absolutely the worst barrel rifling I've ever seen in a new barrel..but they were the only game in town at the time. The 3 twist was hard to see through, a bunch of fuzz appeared. Ran a patch through and metal pieces and slivers and brown rust like stuff came out. The rifling button on the 3 twist did not have enough clearance, enough lube, pumped in. Galling and tearing metal as it went, especially at the start.
I built a fuxture and lapped the barrel with silicon carbide lapping compound, then polished with Iosso paste. But chunks of metal were torn from the bore & pits at the start for quite a few inches, in the borescope...but the last few inches were okay...so it might shoot.
It is definitely a sub only caliber...unless you use all copper bullets. Accuracy is found with two bullets 300 gr SMK and 300 Gr Berger. Imr 4198 and 1680 for those about 15.8 gr. Faxon 225 load data is dangerous it blows primers for most everyone using it.
It was the first super fired in the barrel and blew up inside the muzzle brake and destroyed the brake and the magneto speed. ..an expensive lesson. The cartridge is of little use except for LR shooting of subs with high BC 300 gr bullets on steel...it has too much capacity for subsonic and too little capacity for supers. I asked Faxon for an 8 twist...they can only do 3 twist as
per licensing agreement. The 3 twist is a sales gimmick and mathematically adds almost nothing to the energy of the bullet in rotational velocity. Shot to shot variation adds or subtracts more energy than any 3 twist. The 3 twist is actually a negative. And the brass if made from other calibers 308, 30-06, 25-06, 6.5 Creedmoor must be neck turned unto the shoulder to preform well in the AR 10. I did get a coupon from Faxon and got the fast twist 450 bushmaster which produces more close range energy in a lighter AR 15...and will handle 502 gr bullets for subs, for a lot more sub energy on target, at close hunting ranges. My 8.6 Blackout is an expensive plinker...285 eldm will not make 50 yds at 1400 fps, the best cheap plinker is the 200 gr Speer it actually got to 1600 fps and stayed together...lead bullets must be kept in the subsonic area. They will blow up as soon as they leave the confines of the barrel... dangerous to anyone on either side of the muzzle. Beware, and be careful...
Yikes!!

This the inside of the new 3 twist Faxon barrel ...after it was hand lapped, and polished, to get some of the machine marks, galling, and tearing out of the 3 twist rifling. Pits and tears and inclusions still remain. This is one of the worst going all the way across. But its fairly accurate with 300 gr subs...only.

Attachments

• 20220920_180846.jpg
    20220920_180846.jpg
    894.7 KB · Views: 162
This is how violent lead bullets are this was a lower charge if the Faxon recommended...the barrel was 2 feet from the large open cardboard box. The bullet instantly fragmented like an uncontrolled shotgun with a huge pattern, bullet fragments covering the top, bottom, and both sides, as pieces of lead and jacket strafe the outside as well. The muzzle device was removed as I'd learned from the first super sonic shot fired.
It might be a great house gun with super sonic lead bullets as it would hit an intruder in the toes and forehead with one shot and both walls of the hall. It does not pattern well however as I fired them at close 10 feet targets on the ground...and the lead dust that ya smell is probably not good for your health. Stand up wind. I quit that endevor. It's a specialized sub sonic plinker with the 300 match bullets and kinda fun to shoot with those, but I feel guilty for wasting 300 gr Bergers on it. So I had to see what the 3 twist hype, was all about ...I did, and will never build another 8.6 blackout. Right after I use up the 1250 300gr match bullets...the only bullets that makes it worthwhile to me.

Attachments

• 20230428_142128.jpg
    20230428_142128.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 214
  • Wow
Reactions: carbonbased
This is how violent lead bullets are this was a lower charge if the Faxon recommended...the barrel was 2 feet from the large open cardboard box. The bullet instantly fragmented like an uncontrolled shotgun with a huge pattern, bullet fragments covering the top, bottom, and both sides, as pieces of lead and jacket strafe the outside as well. The muzzle device was removed as I'd learned from the first super sonic shot fired.
It might be a great house gun with super sonic lead bullets as it would hit an intruder in the toes and forehead with one shot and both walls of the hall. It does not pattern well however as I fired them at close 10 feet targets on the ground...and the lead dust that ya smell is probably not good for your health. Stand up wind. I quit that endevor. It's a specialized sub sonic plinker with the 300 match bullets and kinda fun to shoot with those, but I feel guilty for wasting 300 gr Bergers on it. So I had to see what the 3 twist hype, was all about ...I did, and will never build another 8.6 blackout. Right after I use up the 1250 300gr match bullets...the only bullets that makes it worthwhile to me.
Perfect CQB barrel (if you are alone). Just edge the muzzle past an interior hallway corner and pop the bad guy with a near 90° shot lol wow

If you aren’t alone…well…shoot first before your buddies do!

But seriously, not being a dick, but why didn’t you just return the barrel for a replacement vs putting all that effort in?

What's that show on FX? Oh yeah...Kevin Can F**k Himself. Fitting. Anyone watch Mike's (Garand Thumb)video exposé on 8.6? Basically looked worthless unless you're hunting Cape buffalo.

Perfect CQB barrel (if you are alone). Just edge the muzzle past an interior hallway corner and pop the bad guy with a near 90° shot lol wow

If you aren’t alone…well…shoot first before your buddies do!

But seriously, not being a dick, but why didn’t you just return the barrel for a replacement vs putting all that effort in?
Because all the early barrels were terrible...others were reporting the same, and just ahooting them, the next barrel could be worse. A 3 twist was the only game in town.
I contacted Faxon and offered to eat this cheap crappy barrel and would buy a new barrel 8.6 BLK with an 8 twist.
It took 2.5 months to get back to me ...their statement was we can not make you a 8 twist because of a licensing agreement, only the 3 twist.
But here is a 20% off coupon on your next purchase. So I used it to buy a 450 Bushmaster, whos barrel is somewhat better. And found the Bushmaster to fit my needs better, plus it's an AR 15 and capable of much more close range energy, 3000 ft lbs available & 502 gr subs or supers. These are the only two Faxon barrels I own...do not plan on owning any more..
They are generally of poor quality, but some shoot ok, ...especially for close range work, where 1 moa groups at 100 yds and beyond are not the priority to accomplish the task at the lesser ranges, for this subsonic tool. I will not buy another 8.6 Blackout, checked it out spent alot of time on it and took along time to warm up to it, as an expensive plinker, light recoil fun enough for allowing it to stay...for awhile.

Reactions: carbonbased
I want one but it’s a new cartridge with a new barrel twist rate. My plan is to wait until Q releases the Boombox commercially to see if the there are any unresolved issues first.

All the people building rifles before the company behind the cartridge even releases a working rifle seem real ballsy.

I want one but it’s a new cartridge with a new barrel twist rate. My plan is to wait until Q releases the Boombox commercially to see if the there are any unresolved issues first.

All the people building rifles before the company behind the cartridge even releases a working rifle seem real ballsy.
It's not new, I've been shooting the 8.6 Blackout for over a year. It has been problematic. Making the brass, neck turning, violent bullet blow up, damage to muzzle devices, and chronograph.
It has too much case capacity for subs and too little for supers. For supers the 338 federal...for subs the 10 mm mag necked to 338 with 300 gr was a better design, more accurate in a few examples and in an AR 15.
If I was to build another it might be a bolt gun with an 8 twist, that I chamber ...but after having one, it's just mostly 3 twist hype, and nothing special...but I had to see for myself.

It's not new, I've been shooting the 8.6 Blackout for over a year. It has been problematic. Making the brass, neck turning, violent bullet blow up, damage to muzzle devices, and chronograph.
It has too much case capacity for subs and too little for supers. For supers the 338 federal...for subs the 10 mm mag necked to 338 with 300 gr was a better design, more accurate in a few examples and in an AR 15.
If I was to build another it might be a bolt gun with an 8 twist, that I chamber ...but after having one, it's just mostly 3 twist hype, and nothing special...but I had to see for myself.
I'm not an expert, but to me it seems the case capacity is perfect. It doesn't have enough case capacity for people to overload it and make it kick like a mule. It has a nice wide bullet so it should have better terminal performance than a 6.5 CM. I like the fact it is just less loud, even without a suppressor. The rotational energy marketing seems like a fraud, although there may be a little terminal performance nuance with a Maker bullet twisting every 3 inches or so. I like the fact that the high twist rate can stabilize long copper and zinc bullets even at low velocity. I dare say that I'm happy that it doesn't like lead bullets, I don't like them either.

I shot my 8.6 build for the first time today, and I was super impressed with recoil. Having some trouble tuning it, with rifle spring and 4.7 oz rifle buffer, I am not getting bolt lock open even with gas turned up to ejecting at 1:30. I tried a weaker spring, same problem. Now I have very little idea what I'm doing, have only been shooting AR10s for a few months now. Changed to a carbine buffer and carbine spring (with spacer) so I'll try that out tomorrow. Any help is appreciated.

I'm not an expert, but to me it seems the case capacity is perfect. It doesn't have enough case capacity for people to overload it and make it kick like a mule. It has a nice wide bullet so it should have better terminal performance than a 6.5 CM. I like the fact it is just less loud, even without a suppressor. The rotational energy marketing seems like a fraud, although there may be a little terminal performance nuance with a Maker bullet twisting every 3 inches or so. I like the fact that the high twist rate can stabilize long copper and zinc bullets even at low velocity. I dare say that I'm happy that it doesn't like lead bullets, I don't like them either.

I shot my 8.6 build for the first time today, and I was super impressed with recoil. Having some trouble tuning it, with rifle spring and 4.7 oz rifle buffer, I am not getting bolt lock open even with gas turned up to ejecting at 1:30. I tried a weaker spring, same problem. Now I have very little idea what I'm doing, have only been shooting AR10s for a few months now. Changed to a carbine buffer and carbine spring (with spacer) so I'll try that out tomorrow. Any help is appreciated.
I always run standard milspec carbine buffer and spring in everything...any milsec lower will run all the AR 10s perfectly. Use the gas to get it operating correctly,... it's a gas gun..
Drill out the gas port to get bolt lock back...15 min job. Buy a set of quality number drills...use them to gauge tbe existing diameter and increase about .002" up the the next size. I use a milling machine, but a drill press will work.
I do not believe the 8.6 Blackout has much killing power as it can not muster enough speed, to do the job for super sonic loads and low energy hence little recoil. 308 and 6.5 Creedmoor have much better chance of instant kills in supersonic velocities as they are much higher speeds, the 8.6 cannot reach manufacturers speeds requirements for most hunting bullets in supers for a clean consistent kill. The 3 twist is a gimmick and adds nothing but trouble and a 7 or 8 twist would be better and still stablize long bullets, and allow higher velocities with conventional cheaper lead bullets which will kill better then subsonic bullets...and would make a more versatile rifle than the 3 twist...but faxon will not make ya one, I asked, they are under licensing agreement with this 8.6 Blackout, and must chamber in 3 twist.
The recoil is mild, and the best loads for my 16," were 300 gr Sierra MK 15.8 gr AA1680 accurate but higher S/D than imr 4198 loads. Berger 15.8 gr of imr 4198, the Berger load has low S/D subsonic plus best accuracy for any long range endeavors...both have high BC. This is a fun shooting combo and runs perfectly when the gas port is drilled opened and utilize the adjustable gas block. I do not plan to shoot anything but targets with mine...so it will do well for that in subsonic mode.. I use 338 mag to kill with, usually inside 100 yds, high impact velocity big diameter, heavy bullets, kill very well, .huge wound channels all the way through, with football sized exit wounds...nothing but skin holding the off shoulder to the body.

I always run standard milspec carbine buffer and spring in everything...any milsec lower will run all the AR 10s perfectly. Use the gas to get it operating correctly,... it's a gas gun..
Drill out the gas port to get bolt lock back...15 min job. Buy a set of quality number drills...use them to gauge tbe existing diameter and increase about .002" up the the next size. I use a milling machine, but a drill press will work.
I do not believe the 8.6 Blackout has much killing power as it can not muster enough speed, to do the job for super sonic loads and low energy hence little recoil. 308 and 6.5 Creedmoor have much better chance of instant kills in supersonic velocities as they are much higher speeds, the 8.6 cannot reach manufacturers speeds requirements for most hunting bullets in supers for a clean consistent kill. The 3 twist is a gimmick and adds nothing but trouble and a 7 or 8 twist would be better and still stablize long bullets, and allow higher velocities with conventional cheaper lead bullets which will kill better then subsonic bullets...and would make a more versatile rifle than the 3 twist...but faxon will not make ya one, I asked, they are under licensing agreement with this 8.6 Blackout, and must chamber in 3 twist.
The recoil is mild, and the best loads for my 16," were 300 gr Sierra MK 15.8 gr AA1680 accurate but higher S/D than imr 4198 loads. Berger 15.8 gr of imr 4198, the Berger load has low S/D subsonic plus best accuracy for any long range endeavors...both have high BC. This is a fun shooting combo and runs perfectly when the gas port is drilled opened and utilize the adjustable gas block. I do not plan to shoot anything but targets with mine...so it will do well for that in subsonic mode.. I use 338 mag to kill with, usually inside 100 yds, high impact velocity big diameter, heavy bullets, kill very well, .huge wound channels all the way through, with football sized exit wounds...nothing but skin holding the off shoulder to the body.
I've got a Superlative gas block, Falkor receiver, Faxon 16". Barrel had to be dimpled. Shooting Gorilla Barnes 210gr TSX supers. If using the carbine buffer doesn't fix it, I'll have my gunsmith do as you've recommended, thanks. 18 clicks out, it throws the brass at 1pm. 10 clicks 2pm, 7 clicks 3pm. After burning through half a box I decided to ask the internet because this ammo is no longer on sale. My reloading press is still virgin and probably going to stay that way unless the end of days. Reading above about the quality of the Faxon barrels, I do believe I'll have the bore inspected too. 308 kicks too much for me, I've got neck problems. Can't shoot 30-30 bolt action anymore. My next move if this 8.6 doesn't float my boat is to just make do with 6.5 CM and 7.62x39. I don't like to contaminate meat with numerous tiny lead fragments, my lead levels are already borderline high. 7.62x39 is plenty adequate for whitetail shot in the neck at 25 yards, but somewhat questionable for bigger hogs using copper bullets that don't kill as well, and I don't like to have to try to track animals just want them to drop right there. I have read that the uber fast ~3000 fps really kills a lot better, but somehow from a physics perspective, a 64% bigger in cross-sectional area 210 grain bullet traveling at 2000 fps feels like it should work as well or better than a narrow 120 grain bullet traveling at 3000. But I could be wrong. Hydrostatic shock maybe. Thanks again for your suggestions.

I've got a Superlative gas block, Falkor receiver, Faxon 16". Barrel had to be dimpled. Shooting Gorilla Barnes 210gr TSX supers. If using the carbine buffer doesn't fix it, I'll have my gunsmith do as you've recommended, thanks. 18 clicks out, it throws the brass at 1pm. 10 clicks 2pm, 7 clicks 3pm. After burning through half a box I decided to ask the internet because this ammo is no longer on sale. My reloading press is still virgin and probably going to stay that way unless the end of days. Reading above about the quality of the Faxon barrels, I do believe I'll have the bore inspected too. 308 kicks too much for me, I've got neck problems. Can't shoot 30-30 bolt action anymore. My next move if this 8.6 doesn't float my boat is to just make do with 6.5 CM and 7.62x39. I don't like to contaminate meat with numerous tiny lead fragments, my lead levels are already borderline high. 7.62x39 is plenty adequate for whitetail shot in the neck at 25 yards, but somewhat questionable for bigger hogs using copper bullets that don't kill as well, and I don't like to have to try to track animals just want them to drop right there. I have read that the uber fast ~3000 fps really kills a lot better, but somehow from a physics perspective, a 64% bigger in cross-sectional area 210 grain bullet traveling at 2000 fps feels like it should work as well or better than a narrow 120 grain bullet traveling at 3000. But I could be wrong. Hydrostatic shock maybe. Thanks again for your suggestions.
I just weighed the buffer it 3.8 oz...I use the same buffer and spring in 308, 6.5 Creedmoor, 8.6 blackout, 358 win,...
I see the delima, velocity opens the bullet to enlarge its crosssection, plus blasting bone, blood and tissue at greater speed, causing trauma and massive wounding, and a larger permanent cavity.
Using only factory ammo on a less popular caliber always limits your choices.
I do not know how well the Barns bullets preform at 8.6 velocities...or what range limitations the lower velocity may have...Hornady has printed limits on muzxle velocity vs expansion like 2500 fps min , for all hunting copper and lead except the 338 Marlin 200 gr goes down to 1800 min muzzle velocity.
So ya probably need more ammo or reload to get it tuned and lock back the bolt. I don't remember the size I drilled out the gas port probably .086 or .093" I believe it was .093"
So it runs supers and subs. So I went to check the 8.6 upper and it does not have an adjustable gas block! One of the few! Most are SA adjustable. So it's a Faxon gas block with a drilled out gas port...I was gonna count the clicks to close...but I remember being skeptical of this caliber and was going to make it work with the least expense...my barrel was horrible, the worst barrel I ever seen, galling and torn rifling, with pits...had to lap it with silicon carbide lapping compound and polish it ...so I could see some rifling...it was bad at the chamber and better toward the muzzle.
So with the 3.8 oz buffer and a .093" If I remember correctly gas port it will run.
What's nice about the 6.5 Creedmoor is their is factory ammo, with the 120 gr copper Barns it may be the way to go with respect to recoil management and killing power...the 338 federal or 7mm-08 barrel is available from Wilson combat....338 200 gr copper bullets at high velocity...but more recoil... 7mm-08 and 308 probably fairly close in recoil...
The 6.5, Creed is popular and available...
But don't give up on the 8.6 Blackout without a few tweaks.
Picture: My barrel is accurate with the big 300 gr Berger, the 225 gr copper is accurate enough for hunting...but the speed was like 1900 something... it needs more experimentation. It could be a real hog smaker at 50 yds...the potential is there, but I'd like a little more velocity...good luck hope it works out. Should be all ya need, open up the gas port, and 3.8 oz buffer.

Attachments

• 20230925_003758.jpg
    20230925_003758.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 113
This is drilling out the gas port set up in a Bridgeport mill, just loosen and slide gas block out of the way. Set up level with the reciever flat top. I use an edge finder but you can use the previous drill diameter to center up the hole in the barrel ...drill out tbe next number size larger.
Use cutting oil, you can set a stop and or put a light in the bore so ya don't hit the rifling on the other side of the bore...buy you can feel it break through....clean & polish the interior of the bore at the new gas port location...a drill press will work, take your time, use quality drills.& cutting oil...this is more professional and precise...what do ya expect from a retired machinist...if it's done, it's precise...there are alot of ways to skin a cat...this is just one setup...I probably use 10 different way to do it...including specially milled vise jaws ..depends on barrel length and gas block location. Set up is like 5 minutes.

Attachments

• 20210805_225902.jpg
    20210805_225902.jpg
    616.1 KB · Views: 52
And Superlative Arms gas blocks have a .025" feeler gauge between the barrel gas block shoulder on the barrel and the edge of the gas block itself...it does not butt up against the barrels gas block shoulder...as per instructions...to center the gas port holes, in barrel and in gas block...check with bore scope.

Before you start drilling out your gas port and changing buffer weights, you should do more research. Not everyone would agree with what that other guy is telling you, including the big name legacy manufacturers of large frame ARs, like Knights, LMT, LaRue, ArmaLite and Noveske. If you want to go deeper, you should probably start your own thread, too.

Reactions: octhed
I do not know how well the Barns bullets preform at 8.6 velocities...or what range limitations the lower velocity may have...
Someone did a youtube video on the Barnes TSX with ballistics gel. It fragments.

Here is a different fracturing bullet:

Someone also did a video with Maker bullets at SUBSONIC speeds at 200 yards. It mushrooms with those huge petals.

Oh, but Barnes at subsonic, I don't know. I don't intend to hunt with subsonic.

Last edited:
I'm waiting on my form 1 to come back so I can finish my build. In the meantime I picked up 50 pieces of Gorilla 8.6 brass, a Sheridan cartridge gauge, and a set of Lee dies. I think I am going to get some Maker 350 gr bullets.

I’d go with 1:6.5” twist barrel from Mos-Tek. 1:3” is too fast and bullets are coming apart ruining silencers. There’s a long thread in here you can search.
I am getting a Mos-Tek 12". They are local to me and will customize length to match handguard/muzzle device. Waiting on TBAC before finishing build

Reactions: db2000
I am getting a Mos-Tek 12". They are local to me and will customize length to match handguard/muzzle device. Waiting on TBAC before finishing build
After using the AR 10 3 twist Faxon for over year, and putting up with its destruction and limitations, ...I ordered a custom 338 6.5 twist barrel blank... not sure if it's gonna be an AR10 or Rem 700 bolt gun. I have a new finish chamber reamer, and the bolt would maximize accuracy...just to see the accuracy potential, with a greater variety of bullets, and velocities.
We'll see..

Reactions: ZLRider and AZLong
I am starting a budget build 8.6 Blackout. So far I have bought.
PSA PA-10 complete lower 199.00
PSA PA-10 upper 119.00
Faxton Duty series 12" 197.00
What I plan to buy next
Bear Creek Arsenal BCG. 99.99
Superlative Arms adjustable
adjustable gas block. 99.97
I'm looking for recommendations for a hand guard. The upper is DPMS style with the high rail. I would like to hear from anyone else that has done an AR-10 build in 8.6
Changed to a Faxton BCG 219.00
10" Cheep handguard from just rails. com 47.99
Charging handle from PSA 79.99
No muzzle device yet.
Got my tax stamp. Here is a picture of my build so far.
I have an Arken EP-8 and mount on order.
Gorilla cases 300 gr bullets

Attachments

• PXL_20231109_012829649.jpg
    PXL_20231109_012829649.jpg
    655.8 KB · Views: 71
  • PXL_20231109_012807213.jpg
    PXL_20231109_012807213.jpg
    673.4 KB · Views: 49
  • PXL_20231109_015519773.jpg
    PXL_20231109_015519773.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited: