• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Ar-10 barrel upgrade

bcat13

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2010
nicholasville ky
I wanting to send my ar 308 to GAP to have them put a new barrel and break on it .Bartlien 5r barrel 20 inch.How much will it help the accuracy?

Re: Ar-10 barrel upgrade

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackcat13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wanting to send my ar 308 to GAP to have them put a new barrel and break on it .Bartlien 5r barrel 20 inch.How much will it help the accuracy? </div></div>
How is the accuracy now, do you hand load, how many different rounds have you tried,do you have the stock trigger in it? I have a stock DPMS 18" 308 and am getting 3/4" groups at 200 yards, all I did was put a single stage JP trigger, that alone helped out my groups, and I had the hole AR cryo'd, this may have helped accuracy, but it will help barrel life

Re: Ar-10 barrel upgrade

It couldn't hurt...that's for sure...but how much of an improvement will depend on a whole host of different factors.

Tell us a little more about your current setup and the expectations you have for it now and any you want from it once it returns from GAP.