• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing AR 10 based weapon's magwell dimensions...

Controlled Chaos Arms

Gun Plumber
Minuteman
i ran across a couple of large sheets of delrin at a sale and i'd like to build some fixtures for some of my projects. i have all of them in the bad with a couple exceptions...

can any of you measure up the magwell dimensions of an Armalite AR10, the DPMS LR308 unit, and if you're one of the six owners in existence the RRA LAR10?

i'd like to make some vise blocks for each of these products so i can slip the rig over block, etc.

thanks in advance for the help.

-michael

Re: AR 10 based weapon's magwell dimensions...

Armalite AR10 magwell,1.30" wide and 2.99" front to back not measuring the narrow channel in the middle,and about 2.75" deep to the bottom of the bolt carrier . Don't have the DPMS LR308 or the RRA LAR10. However I do have a couple FAL's which share the same mags with the RRA LAR10. The FAL mags are 1.00" wide and 3.065" front to back in the middle. The FAL mags have a raised channel along the right side of the mag body and that dimension is 3.145" front to back. Individual magazines will probably vary a little from one to an other.

Re: AR 10 based weapon's magwell dimensions...

LR-308 (DPMS)
Lower Receiver,magwell, (measured from the top of a stripped lower) @2.952" in two places, does not include narrow channel (on back of mag)
Mag clears by at least .005" per side (fore/aft)

Lateral receiver/magwell dimension - from 1.081" to 1.091", taking multiple readings.

FYI - quick sample mag measurement was approx. 2.940" to 2.950" x 1.061" to 1.068"

Hope it helps!