• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos AR-10 Carbine w/ SN3 1.8-10x44

salmonaxe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2007
Lynnwood, WA
Armalite AR-10 16" Carbine that I put together ages ago from one of their summer sales. I'm pretty sure that the barrel is one of the earliest infantry weights. It functions great, but I've never checked it for accuracy. Guess I'll find out now.

USO is an SN3 1.8-10x44, MOA Scale type 1 reticle, Red illumination with the newest push button rheostat, Ergo, Erek 1/2IPHY and US #1 1/2IPHY.

Larue SPR-S 10moa mount, SWS E1 rail, Vltor low profile clamping gasblock (setscrew one slipped with recoil!), Old Armalite 2stage trigger that is solid billet.(For something made this way, it's too bad it's not better.) Vltor AR-10 carbine buffer tube. (Longer for use with stock Armalite AR-10 carbine buffer.) MI slingplate, Magpul MIAD grip, ACS stock, Benny Coolie Comp.

Re: AR-10 Carbine w/ SN3 1.8-10x44

I have a similar setup w/fulton 16" barrel, all together it is 9.5. I am guessing 9 even for his. I'd have a range report too but unfortunately fulton short headspaced that barrel so back it had to go
frown.gif

So far the glass quality is superb. 1.8x is super usable, and feels more like 1.5 or even 1.2x. Eyebox is good on lower powers(ya know, exit pupil). Still overall eye relief is short-ish, so it doesn't need to be mounted super far forward. The ocular's glass is pretty much even with the end of the charging handle which is where I tend to put my NXS'. Flip caps are custom and the rear one has a special flange on it to butt up against the diopter adjustment ring.(thus the reason for the increased length.)

The MOA Scale Type 1 reticle is quite usable at 1.8x, but I wish the outer lines were thicker. (Maybe 2-3 times as thick.) I just don't see how the JNG circle thing would have been useful since it would have been a full 30MOA. Too huge.

The brightest setting on the new pushbutton rheostat is helpful with indoor lighting, but it seems that it would do nothing during the day. (Something I am fine with.) The lowest setting isn't low enough in my opinion. 3-5 settings lower would be perfect for maintaining the eyes nightvision for shooting in the dark. Still, it's low enough to be useful in twilight hours or an urban setting at night. Pushbuttons are easy to use and find tho. But I really wish I could just hold the button down in order to scroll up or down through the power settings.

At lower powers you can focus pretty darn close. At 10x the eyebox isn't nearly as forgiving. (Still, pretty much identical to my ST-10.)

No idea on the weight of the overall rifle. I think that without the bipod it's well balanced. Just lift weights, do pull ups, press ups, etc.

If the barrel doesn't shoot, I'll be looking into getting an 18" barrel for it. Maybe a noveske, GAP or Rainier Arms.

This is one of the sickest rigs I've seen.

Strong work.